Part 4

"The Masquerade Party: My bad."

*

A sweet and slow music started playing and it means Young Master is already going to look for a Muse and dance.

He took a red rose and went down the stage and started looking for someone.

I looked at Mingyu and surprisingly, he has a rose too.

"I'll have a dance too." He said and drank on his wine.

I watched Young Master Chan look for his Muse, Chaeyoung looks so excited and she hopes to be Young Master's Muse for tonight.

But unfortunately, Young Master Chan didn't noticed her and looked further. Chaeyoung looks surprised and slowly felt embarassed.

Master Chan looked to my place and started walking towards me. I felt surprised and didn't know what should I do.

"Care for a dance?" I heard a voice behind me. I slowly looked up to him and hesitated. I looked at Mingyu and he gave me that this-is-one-time-only look on his face. I hesitated on taking Young Master's hand but Young Master took my hand himself and pulled me to the dance floor.

Everyone wondered who Young Master picked since I can't be seen because of my Mask.

Young Master placed his hand on my waist and the other is holding my hand. He smiled at me and I can't even smile back.

"You seemed to be new." He said and I shook my head.

"I-I just... Don't like crowdy places." I answered.

"Oh, then why are you here?" He asked.

"I-I was just dragged here..."

"By that guy with you earlier?" He said and I nodded.

"He must've had the good idea that made you come here then." He said and I shrugged my shoulders.

"It's about time..." Young Master said and pulled me closer to him.

He held my face and takes off my mask. I heard surprised mumbles from the crowd when Young Master removed my mask.

"Hana?!" I heard Chaeyoung's voice.

"Hana..." Young Master called. I looked down to look away from all the eyes looking at me.

"Flower..." Young Master Chan said and gave me a Red Rose. I took the flower and he smiled at me.

Did he just called me flower? Or he's talking about the flower to give to me?

(Hana means Flower in Japanese, 花)

*

The party proceeded and I am now sitting with Mingyu who is still drinking wine.

"So, how's it?" He asked.

"Thanks, I enjoyed it." I said casually. He leaned on the table and clenched his jaw with a smile.

"Really? Then I must've had the right idea then." He said.

"You like him, don't you?" He asked.

"I do, but all I can do is like him. You see, it's not that I am ugly... But I am not definitely his type too." I said and he chuckled.

"That's why you drag yourself down. Why can't you just tell yourself that everyone likes you?"

"I don't assume what I am really not." I said and sighed.

Someone accidentally bumped on my chair and spilled a glass of red wine to my dress.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry!" It's Chaeyoung...

I stood up and Mingyu handed me a paper towel and didn't even gave such reaction.

"Oh, why am I even apologizing? You deserve it anyways." She said, I knew this would come.

"You stole my spotlight, it should've been me! Who Young Master Chan danced with!" She growled at me. I looked down as I felt the eyes of people are staring at me.

"You ruined my moment! It should've been me! It's me!" She said and pushed me, luckily... Someone catched me.

I looked up seeing it's Mingyu.

"You okay?" He asked and I nodded slightly.

"Why are you even jealous?" He asked Chaeyoung.

"Isn't it obvious?! I like Young Master Chan!" She yelled and drew even more attention. I saw everyone looking at us and I already hated it. I hate crowdy places, I hate people's attention towards me...

I ran out of the place and went to the parking lot of the School.

Hana... What's going on?

Hana, go... run..

Hana, Hana... Go home...

"Hana."

"See? They don't like me..."

"I'm sorry, My Bad."

I didn't replied and just prevented the tears from falling.

I started walking my way and Mingyu stopped me.

"I'll take you home now then." He said and pulled me towards his car.

*

The drive towards home is silent. I didn't spoke even a simple word until he dropped me off the block 48.

I went home and Mama saw my wine-stained dress.

"Hana, sweetie. What happened?" Mama asked. I forced myself to smile and prevented tears from coming out.

"Mama, I enjoyed the party so much... I bumped on the wine. I was just so happy..." I said and she smiled.

"Really? Then you should take a rest now. You must've really enjoyed the party." Mama said and I nodded and went in my room to change.

~

I layed down the bed and tears kept falling down. Despite of the happiness I had when I'm with Young Master Chan, I still felt sad. I drew too much attention and even embarrassed myself too much.

Pull yourself together, Hana!

*

The next day, I came to classroom 10 minutes late. I sat down casually and apologized for being late.

Physical Education class ended and I came back to the classroom 5 minutes late, again.

The classroom became silent and Chaeyoung is looking for something inside her bag.

"Teacher, I think my phone is missing..."

>End...