34💔

"Mommy."

Taehyung chocked a sob. And latched his body to his mom's. It's been months since she came to see him. He missed her to death but his father won't let him meet them.

But today he was fortunate enough to finally meet her. He cried hugging her who was also crying silently. Finally after few minutes he pulled back to tell her about what his dad did.

"M-momy dad b-brought a new mom and a s-sister."

His mom nodded her head. And wiped his tears.

"I know baby. How have you been doing?"

"M-mommy i-i'm not okay p-please come back."

She shook his head.

"I-i can't. Tae don't worry I'll take you with me."

"P-promise."

He asked believing her. And she nodded assuring him.

"Honey let's go."

A man's voice interrupted. Taehyung looked at him with doe eyes and got scared by the man's intimidating attire. He immediately hid behind his mother, clutching her dress and peeking from behind to see the man.

"Who's that u-uncle mommy?"

"He's my lover baby. Jeon Jaehwa."

"Lover? Isn't d-dad your l-lover?"

The man sighed and spoke.

"I have a meeting too. Hurry up. I'm going to the car."

She just muttered a small 'yes'. And turned towards Taehyung who was looking at her with tears filled eyes. She crouched down to his level.

"My baby I promise I'll come to take you with me next time till then don't do any bad and study, eat and sleep on time."

He hugged her again.

"Okay mommy."

The last hug, the last talk, the last time feeling her warmth, her last promise and the last time she broke her promise. He remembered everything.

Slowly the days passed, months passed and three years passed away the fragile boy stopped crying sitting at the balcony, looking at the door with hopeful eyes that maybe now she'll walk in and embrace him in a hug and apologize to him for breaking her promise but that never happened.

His tears stopped coming out of his eyes, his heart stopped hurting while missing her. She left him.

He accepted. The bitter reality. The fate.

He started treating his wounds by himself rather than crying and praying to God to tell mommy he was hurt. He stopped calling for her when he would wake up at night, soaked in sweat and when the dark night would make him scared, when the thunder would make him tremble with fear, when sometimes he would get startled by rustling sounds he heard outside his room.

He stopped. He realised she lured him with her pretty lies. Drowning in the loneliness around him he finally forgot her.

But maybe he still had to suffer cause maybe he survived so maybe the God wanted to take another test.
He stirred in his sleep when he heard some sounds.

It was a chilly day. Wind was blowing, he changed to a comfy sweater and after washing his face and brushing his teeth went downstairs and found his father wearing a formal dress. His step mother sitting there indifferently.

His father turned towards him and motioned him to come forward. He walked towards him. His father just held his hand and brought him outside then to the car. He was confused about what he was going to do.

But he didn't question it and sat quietly at the passenger seat looking at the passing trees. The road was quite empty as it was still early. Tiny droplets of rain started striking the car windows. He smiled looking at it. His father's face was emotionless.

He just closed his eyes and leaned against the window. He didn't want to think about what's going to happen. It's not like he can change it so why should he care. But he didn't know why his heart was feeling heavy.

The car stopped suddenly and he looked outside. The cemetery? A frown formed on his temple. His father got out of the car and then brought him too. Slowly taking small steps he walked behind his father who was leading the way. His heart was thumping loudly against his chest.

He stopped dead in his place. Tears escaping his eyes when he noticed few people standing around a coffin. He clenched his fists. And walked towards it........ towards his mom.

After three years of seeing his mom. Their reunion wasn't like he imagined...... like he thought. Reality was far away from his fantasy where his mother would embrace him in her arms telling him how much she had missed her baby.

But no. It's still him who's going to miss her. He looked at his father expectantly that maybe he'll say she's someone else but what he said broke his heart more.

"Sorry son her face wasn't recognizable so I won't allow you to see her."

With that his father pulled him to a hug and motioned the men standing there to bury her. Taehyung cried, wailed and mourned but no avail. He wiggled in his father's grasps and yelled him to stop those men from burying his mom.

If he let her go now he won't see her again. He didn't get a hug from his mommy. His mommy didn't kiss him. He wanted to feel her warmth. They were throwing her away in the mud, six feet under the ground.

Why? Why she left? She never loved him? She never cared about him? She didn't miss him? He looked around at the people standing there, doing nothing.

'Why would they? She was your mom. Why would they care they didn't go through this. It's you ... it's you only...only you are hurt.'

How much he wished he had died instead of her. This cruel world snatched his beautiful mom from him.

'Where's that man now? He didn't even come on her funeral. And she left her own son for him.'

His father consoled him but he didn't want that. What he wanted was gone now. But he carved in his heart he won't forgive that man, who snatched his mom from him, who used her and threw her away to die.

Who didn't even come to see her last time. He loathed that monster.

And how he wished that man to have a bad life and worst death.

His mother's culprit.

His culprit.

Jeon Jaehwa.

________________