37💔

"Byeol I'm going. Lock the door."

"Jae wait."

Byeol rushed towards him. And stopped in front of him.

"If...if you are going somewhere can I bring Taehyung here. It's been seven months since I last saw him. He's turning eight tomorrow."

"How many times are we going to argue on this? Can't you get it through your thick skull that the boy can't come to my house."

The man spat in anger causing the woman in front of him to flinch. After glaring at her he just rushed out of the door, shutting it with a loud thud.

Her tears started spilling out of her eyes. She sobbed and walked towards the couch and sat down.

She misses him.

Her baby.

Her cute baby who's turning eight tomorrow but has no one to celebrate his birthday. His father always neglected his family. Saying he loves his son but his actions always showed otherwise.

She was the only one whom Taehyung would invite in his small birthday party. His only guest, his only friend, his only family. She would cook something and would decorate his room with balloons and held a small party where only the two would play, eat and celebrate.

All his father ever did was deprive him of his basic rights. sometimes he would just wish him if he remembered otherwise he wouldn't care at all.

She sobbed more remembering her little boy's soft voice asking her to promise that she'll come back to meet him.

But she never visited him.

She thought this man who was her university classmate, his old lover, who promised to make her happy will fulfill his promise. But how wrong she was. He did nothing. Rather played his part in making her life miserable.

How naive of her to think she'll be happy.

But she deserves this. She deserves all the pain for thinking about herself, acting selfishly not caring about her son. Not putting him in front of her priorities. It's all her fault.

She was shaking terribly and crying for breaking the innocent boy's heart. The promise she made to him so he would just let her go with this man. A fake promise. It's all because of her selfishness that her son is going through this pain of being alone although both of his parents are alive.

All because of her.

That's how her days passed crying and regretting her decision but it's useless to cry over what's already done.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Are you sure Tae?"

"I mean you don't have to."

"No actually I meant to say you shouldn't bec-"

Taehyung shook his head at his boyfriend's continuous rambling. He leaned forward and pecked his lips softly.

"I'm going to be fine. Don't worry kookie."

"But-"

"Please Jungkookie everything will be fine. Don't think too much."

"Fine."

He murmured defeated. He was worried because he knew how much of a decent man his father was. And he didn't want Taehyung to witness it. But the other was adamant that he'll be fine and he wants to go with him to the hospital.

So here they were standing outside the white door, on the other side of which Jungkook's so called father was staying.

Taking a deep breath he opened the door. Taehyung trailed behind him holding some flowers in his delicate hands. He just wanted to move forward and just get over his past. Although he won't forgive the old man but he was willing to tolerate him for Jungkook's sake.

But the moment his eyes laid on the man sitting on the bed with his back leaned to soft cushions he felt scared. The man was in his fifties but had an intimidating aura. He immediately brought his hand forward and clutched Jungkook's hoodie in it.

He was feeling anger building up in his body. Seeing his comfortable life and living in luxury, it was making him puke. Such a filthy animal don't deserve to live such a life.

He was brought out of his dazed state when the old man spoke in a stern voice.

"Who's he?"

He bit his lips in nervousness.

'He recognised me or not?'

"My love."

Taehyung snapped his head towards Jungkook. He was shocked would be an understatement. He had made Jungkook to agree to just tell his father that they are friends. But he just blurted out this and was standing relaxed and indifferently. On the other hand Taehyung was shaking slightly.

'I'll surely teach you a lesson when we get home.'

Taehyung mumbled.

"Are you in your senses young man!"

The man spoke with anger.

"Do I look drunk?"

Jungkook answered with humour in his voice.Taehyung was just standing there regretting his decision to come and see the old man.

"Since when the son of Jeon Jaehwa became so foolish to trust such low character people?"

Jungkook clenched his jaw hearing his father's words. However what made Taehyung frown was the hidden meaning behind his words.

'So he's threatening me, reminding me his name and status and calling me names because of my mom?'

But he kept all of his frustration and fury to himself.

But Jungkook didn't.

"Watch your words, we both know who's low. Don't forget if you point one finger towards someone, three are pointing back at you."

Jungkook turned around towards Taehyung and took the flower bouquet from his hand and threw it at an empty chair. Holding taehyung's hand in his he turned around.

But before leaving he looked back at the man and spoke again,
gritting his teeth.

"I'm trying to act civil so kindly cooperate."

With that he left after slamming the door. Both quietly made their way to the outside. Reaching the parking lot Jungkook turned around to face Taehyung and spoke.

"I'm sorry."

Taehyung smiled softly and cupped his cheeks.

"It's not your fault jungkookie."

"It is baby. I shouldn't have brought you here knowing what kind of person he is."

"It's okay."

Taehyung smiled again and slowly placed his plump lips on Jungkook's who kissed him back softly. After sharing a short but sweet kiss Taehyung pulled away and hugged Jungkook.

"Thank you."

Jungkook caressed his back.

"For what baby?"

"For standing up for me."

"I had to. Nobody can insult my Tae."

Taehyung smiled. Apparently for Jungkook his father insulted his love so he said that. But for Taehyung it was kind of reassurance that Jungkook will stand with him when someday he'll know the truth cause he already know what kind of person his father is.

______________