50💔

"Days passed and my father got to know about it. But before he could do anything my mother had already left a will that-"

He took a deep breath trying to control his rising emotions. Taehyung caressed his cheeks encouraging him to continue.

"The day I will celebrate my 18th birthday. All her property would finally be handed over to me, although it got transferred to my name the day she left. But I had to wait to get a hold of it until I'm a legal adult and then it's upto me to decide to do whatever I want to do with it. And I'm 18 already. And that's the reason why my father tolerate my behaviour. He thinks that I don't know who's the real owner and I don't want to destroy his fantasy yet."

"Kookie why-- "

Taehyung hesitated for a moment but Jungkook encouraged him to continue.

"----why didn't she leave your father?"

"That man is a sly fox he made her sign some sorta contract according to which if she divorced or something she would lose her all shares. It was a precautionary measure he took when he didn't even know about how much shares mother holds. It was just a way of him to make sure that she won't leave him and it turned out to be highly beneficial to him."

"How your mother died?"

Taehyung questioned in a low voice and it took Jungkook everything to control his tears. He scooted closer to Taehyung and again laid down on the bed, placing his head in his lap. Taehyung immediately started caressing his hair, regretting his decision of asking that question.

"It was suicide."

Taehyung gasped at the unexpected reply.

"I-i m sorry kookie."

"It's not your fault babe. Her death was meant to be occur like that."

"W-why she-"

Taehyung tried to make up the words while sniffling. Jungkook reached his hand to wipe his tears.

"I was ten when she left me---- my parents never had a good relationship. I don't even remember them talking to each other unless it was something important. It all happened when-----"

// 'Where is Jaehwa?'

Jeon Eun-jung asked her servant. But the man in front of him wasn't answering, she frowned.

"Mr. Lee?"

"Mam.... it's actually..."

She noticed how unsure he was, probably debating with himself whether to tell her or not. But she needed to know.

"Yes? What's wrong? I told you to follow him everywhere."

"Mam.... He-- he was-- I have been hiding this from you for a long time I'm sorry."

Her most trusted servant spoke with a shaky voice. She knew how loyal he was. So what made him to hide things from her.

"What is it?"

She asked again.

"Sir... Sir have been visiting one of his houses a lot..... And there was a woman too."

Eun-jung knitted her brows.

"A w-woman?"

"Yes... and the day you had an argument with him. I followed him there...he was really angry. He entered the house and not after a long time I heard yelling and shouting, shattering voices and shrieking. I.... I-i didn't know if I should go in there or call police.."

He stopped to look at the woman who was trembling and crying silently.

"Then?"

She asked with a shaky voice. He inhaled some air before continuing.

"Then everything stopped. I went to peek inside the house from the kitchen window and.... and saw blood everywhere and that woman's body-."

The woman was shaking terribly by now. She was shocked first to hear that the man was cheating but now she was frightened to know that he----- possibly killed someone.

"I stayed there all night and the next day I saw sir's man and some maids entering there. And after a while a corpse was taken out of the house to the car, that drove away later on."

"Y-you may g-go now. And please d-don't tell anyone about this yet."

The old man nodded and left after giving her a sympathetic look. She kept sitting there. Tears prickling down her face. Body shaking badly and that's when she heard the voice of her baby.

"Mom! Momma why are you crying?"

A ten year old Jungkook spoke as he latched his body to his mother. The woman didn't say anything and kept sobbing. Jungkook started crying too seeing his mother's state.

Both of them flinched when they heard Jaehwa's yells. He was scolding servants and was looking extremely furious. Eun-jung turned towards Jungkook and told him to go to his room. He didn't say anything but walked towards the stairs.

As he stepped up to the first stair he heard his parents shouting voices. He froze in his place hearing their words.

"What did you think!? That I won't get to know your filthy actions?! You would be having affair with a woman behind my back and I won't know?"

He frowned hearing the words. 'Another woman?' He heard how his father yelled back at her and---- slapped her.

He ran upstairs and closed his room's door. Walking towards the bed, he heard more shouts. He was scared. He covered his ears trying to block the yells.

After a moment all the voices stopped. He stood up from his bed and exited his room. He looked down from the stairs and found the living room empty.

A maid hastily passed by, fumbling through some keys. He frowned when he noticed she was going towards her mother's room. He immediately followed her.

"Miss jia where's momma?"

He politely asked the maid. She turned around giving the keys to another maid and bend down slightly to reach Jungkook's level.

"Sir Jungkook please go to your room and do your homework."

"N-no please first tell me--"

He stopped midway through his sentence when the horrifying scene unfolded in front of his eyes. The maids started crying and shouting, asking for help. When they saw their madam's body hanging with a rope which was bound to the ceiling fan.

Jungkook was frozen in his place, his eyes pouring tears and body shaking seeing his mother in that state. Jia was herself trembling but she hurried towards the boy scooping him in a hug. She was the one who took care of him since he was a baby. //

__________