6. ASK HER ON A DATE FIRST!

| CHAPTER SIX |

ASK HER ON A DATE FIRST!

HEARING FOOTSTEPS BEHIND HER, DAWN glanced over her shoulder, smiling softly as she watched Remus exiting the house with a bowl of water in his hands 

"Don't get any closer," She quickly told him.

Remus suddenly stopped dead in his tracks. His eyes widened as he feared he did something wrong.

"He hasn't bowed for you yet," Dawn continued, noticing the worry that flashed through his eyes, "You can just leave the water there, I can pick it up."

Remus nodded understandingly and placed the bowl down. He had heard about Hippogriffs and certainly didn't want to get on the wrong side of one. He then took a step backwards, his eyes still focused on the redhead as she walked backwards, keeping her eyes on the creature before she looked away when grabbing the bowl.

With the bowl secured in her grip, Dawn walked back over to Buckbeak.

"Do you know what's up with him?" Remus asked, shoving his hands into the pockets of his blazer as he looked between the magical creature and the redhead.

"He's lonely," Dawn stated with a frown. She knelt down besides Buckbeak's legs and began to wash them with the water before sorting out his hooves.

Before Remus could reply, Sirius suddenly emerged from the house, he glanced over at Remus briefly, a teasing glint in his eyes before he turned his attention to Dawn and the Hippogriff, "So, what's the diagnosis, doctor?"

"He wants to mate."

Sirius' eyes almost bulged out of their sockets as he snapped his eyes over to Remus, "Ask her on a date first! Jeez!"

Dawn could feel her cheeks burning as she kept her bright eyes on the Hippogriff, not wanting either of the men to see her matching hair and face. She heard Remus letting out a shocked cough before Sirius let out a yelp. 

"She meant Buckbeak," Remus stated, his own face burning up all of the sudden.

"No need to get so violent, Moony," Sirius commented, rubbing the back of his head as he sent a teasing smirk towards his best friend, "So, what do we do now?"

Dawn finally glanced up, "Nothing, unless you plan on setting Buckbeak up on a date," She added with a small chuckle as she let her fingertips dance on the Hippogriff's feathers.

She didn't even notice the look Sirius sent his best friend, "I can set someone else up," The black haired man muttered.

Remus whacked him in the arm as Dawn glanced up again, "What?" She asked, being too far from him to hear what he said. 

"Nothing," Sirius replied quickly, "I'll just be in the kitchen," He added quickly and before either Remus or Dawn could reply, Sirius was already rushing back inside after sending his best friend a pointed look.

Dawn let out a soft chuckle as she shook her head. She suddenly became very aware than she was now alone with Remus in the garden. Her bright green eyes suddenly looked away from the older man and back at the Hippogriff that seemed to be loving the strokes he was receiving.

"So..." Remus' voice was soft as he finally broke the silence, "How long are you back home for?" He asked, scratching the back of his neck.

Dawn felt a smile creeping up onto her face as she glanced at him, biting her lip she finally responded, "For as long as I want, I suppose."