34. KING'S CROSS STATION

| CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR |

KING'S CROSS STATION.

GOING TO KING'S CROSS STATION on the 1st of September always seemed like the most exciting day in a young witch or wizard's life. Dawn remembered all the times she would go to the station, eagerly waiting to start her new year at Hogwarts. However, standing at the station, ready to send her youngest siblings off to their sixth and fifth year things felt different. The station seemed eerily quiet, families were whispering amongst one another as they hugged their children, siblings and parents as tight as they could; as if they were fearing that if they didn't, something bad would happen. 

Dawn knew dark times were upon them, but the feeling at King's Cross Station certainly made that feeling sink in. Wherever she looked she would see undercover Aurors standing there, looking out into the sea of Hogwarts students and their families. She didn't know exactly what they were looking for (since most of the Death Eaters were arrested after the incident at the Ministry of Magic; Bellatrix unfortunately not being one of them) but part of her felt safer for her younger siblings to know that they were there. 

The redhead watched as her father spoke to Harry in a hushed voice, both of them glancing around them every few seconds. Ron was standing with Hermione as Molly gushed over them and commented about how fast they were growing up. Dawn stood besides her only sister, her arm was wrapped around the shorter girl's shoulders as they relished in one another's presence. 

"So, what's going on between you and Professor Lupin?" Ginny's voice was teasing as she looked up at her sister.

Dawn bit her lip to keep an insanely large grin from appearing on her face, "You don't need to refer to him as your Professor anymore, Gin," Dawn stated, squeezing the girl's shoulder.

"Oh, sorry," Ginny smirked, "Brother-in-law does sound a lot better, doesn't it?"

Dawn choked on her spit as Ginny began to laugh, causing almost everyone's attention to fall upon the pair. Parents spoke in a rushed hushed voice to their children before shuffling them along towards the Hogwarts Express and practically pushing them inside.

"What's going on girls?" Molly questioned, smiling softly at her daughters as she walked over to smooth Ginny's hair (of course, the younger girl responded by pushing her mother's hands away and groaning in annoyance). 

"Nothing," Dawn replied quickly, hitting her chest to clear her airways.

"Oh, just talking about--Ow!" Ginny groaned when Dawn elbowed her side.

"I think it's time we get these young ones onto the train, isn't it?" The oldest Weasley child suddenly said, standing up straight as she looked at her empty wrist before she started to push Ginny forwards, plastering a fake smile when Molly sent them a puzzled look.

Before anyone else could say anything, the sound of the train's horn echoed throughout the station, one that resulted in Dawn sighing in relief, "See, told you," She grinned as she sent her sister a pointed look.

Dawn watched as Molly rushed over to Ginny, pulling the younger girl in a tight bear hug, kissing her forehead as she groaned uncontrollably. Soon she moved over to Ron, then to Hermione and then to Harry, leaving all teens - apart from the latter two - looking embarrassed and almost as red as their locks. 

Dawn said her farewells to the sixth years, hugging them and patting them jokingly on their heads. She ordered Harry to write to her if anything else happened to him (since the boy had the worst luck in the entire world), ordered Ron to send her some chocolates from Hogsmeade and some Lemon Drops from Dumbledore's office and ordered Hermione to try and look after the two boys and keep them from trouble (even though she knew that that was practically impossible). 

She wrapped her arms around Ginny last, squeezing the younger girl extra tight as Ginny wrapped her arms around Dawn's torso, grinning, the fourteen year old glanced up, "Don't get married whilst I'm away."

"Shut it, Gin."