13. BETTER WIZARDS THAN YOU HAVE LOST THEIR BUTTOCKS

| CHAPTER THIRTEEN |

BETTER WIZARDS THAN YOU HAVE LOST THEIR BUTTOCKS.

HARRY POTTER LAID ON HIS bed, his eyes superglued to the ceiling. He didn't even notice when the sun finally set, his thoughts were too busy being swarmed with words he read over and over again from the letter explaining his expulsion from the one place on earth that he felt the most at home at. 

The Dursley home was eerily quiet with Harry's breathing being the only noise from inside. Every so often light shone in his dark room as the sound of a car driving past whizzed through his ears. That was until he heard a crash from downstairs. Instantly, the boy with the lighting scar bolted upright and began to listen intently. The Dursley's couldn't have been back just yet, Harry was so sure that he hadn't heard his uncle's car parking in their driveway and he was even more sure that he hadn't hear Dudley's constant complaining from under his window. He also didn't hear the front door opening or closing. 

Harry's breathing quickened as he crept off his bed, snatching his wand from the bedside table. He kept his ears strained, listening intently at the sound of multiple footsteps slowly coming up the stairs. His wand was pointed at the door as he tried his best to control his rapid breathing. 

Before he knew it, a loud click was heard and the door swung open, "Lower your wand boy, before you take someone's eye out."

Harry stood there motionless, his eyes straining due to the darkness of the house, "Professor Moody?" He questioned, his voice full of surprise as he tried to make out the facial features. 

"I don't know about 'Professor'," Moody said, "I never got around to teaching, did I?"

The young boy didn't move, eyeing the man suspiciously. He was clearly reluctant to believe him, especially after his last year at Hogwarts.

"It's okay, Harry, we've come to take you away," A familiar feminine voice said as more footsteps approached his bedroom door. He couldn't see who had said that, but he knew the voice well, "Dawn?" He asked, looking confused.

Before the redhead could reply, another female voice suddenly spoke up, this one, however, was unfamiliar to him, "Why are we all standing in the dark? Lumos."

A wand-tip flared, illuminating the hallway with light. Harry blinked as his eyes adjusted to sudden intensity of the light. When his eyes finally adjusted, he let them wander around the group of adults instantly recognising three out of four of them. Dawn Weasley was the nearest, she was smiling warmly at the young boy. She was standing just in front of Remus Lupin; their height difference being very prominent. He looked worn out but nevertheless there was a gentle smile resting on his face. 

Mad-Eye Moody was standing on the other side of Dawn and Remus and in the middle of the trio was a lilac haired woman with a heart shaped face and dark glistening eyes. 

"Are you quite sure it's him, Lupin?" Moody growled, his glass eye scanning the boy with a hesitant look on his face, "It'd be a nice look-out if we bring back some Death Eater impersonating him. We ought to ask him something only the real Potter would know. Unless, of course, someone has Veritaserum on them?"

Dawn rolled her eyes at the paranoid man before she glanced over her shoulder, sharing a look with Remus before the werewolf looked back over at the teenager, "Harry, what form does your Patronus take?" He questioned.

"A stag," Harry replied, his eyes full of nervousness.

"That's him, Mad-Eye," Remus confirmed. 

Moody nodded his head before he began to tell Harry whilst they all began to walk through the house, going down the slim stairs. Dawn was engrossed in a conversation with Remus when suddenly the sound of Moody's booming voice caught their attention.

"What if it ignited? Better wizards than you have lost their buttocks, I'll have you know!"

Dawn and Remus shared an amused grin.

"Who do you know who's lost a buttock?" Tonks questioned, tilting her head slightly as her lilac hair fell in front of her left eye.

"Never you mind, just keep your wands out of your back pockets," Moody growled, his eyes flaring with annoyance as he looked between all of the witches and wizards around him, "Elementary wand-safety, nobody bothers about it anymore," With that Moody pushed past Dawn and Remus, his large walking stick banging against the wooden floorboards. Just before he reached the front door he suddenly turned around, his finger pointed at the metamorphmagus, "I saw that!"