35. SICK

| CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE |

SICK.

DAWN WAS COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY in love. She never expected to feel like that towards another person but she couldn't deny the fact that it was one of the best feelings she had ever experienced. Nobody else (well, apart from Ginny) knew about the relationship between Dawn and the ex-professor, but both of them decided that it was probably time to tell people (especially since Molly had been trying to set her older daughter up with anyone she physically could). 

She didn't know why but the amount of nerves that filled her bones was insane. She knew it was an irrational fear since she didn't care what anyone else thought, she loved Remus Lupin with all her heart and it didn't matter to her if her parents approved (although, she didn't see why they wouldn't seeing he was one of the kindest men on the planet). 

Dawn exited the bathroom in Remus' cottage with a sigh, she wiped the light layer of sweat that pooled on her forehead near her hairline. The redhead had never been so nervous to the point of being physically sick but it seemed like anything was possible (either that or she ate something that didn't sit right with her). 

Remus frowned as he took a cautious step forwards, "Are you sure you want to do this today?" He questioned softly as he reached his hand out to tuck a stray strand of hair behind Dawn's ear.

The redhead nodded, "Yeah," She told him, sending him the most reassuring smile that she could muster whilst ignoring the nauseating feeling in the put of her stomach, "I'll be okay, plus I want everyone to know now. I want to hold your hand when we walk into the Headquarters together. I don't want to just keep our hands under the table."

Remus smiled softly, his eyes sparkling with adoration, "I want that too."

Dawn's smile widened, "Great, shall we head off then?"

Remus reached for his wand and nodded. Dawn took a step forwards, they kept their hands interlocked as Remus apparated them from his hallway to the outside of the Burrow. As soon as Dawn's feet landed on the ground, she felt her head spinning as her stomach churned. Dropping Remus' hand from her own, the redhead dropped down to her knees, emptying the contents of her stomach into the overgrown grass.

"Shit, Dawn..." Remus dropped down behind her, pulling her hair back before he began to rub her back comfortingly, "I don't think you're okay," He frowned, watching as she wiped her mouth with the back of her hand before she turned back to look at him, her face pale and almost a green complexion. 

"I'm okay," She tried to reassure him, "I must've ate something bad, I'm sure my mum has something for food poisoning," Her statement felt as if she was reassuring herself more than Remus. 

"Dawn..."

"I'll be okay, I promise, can you help me up?"

Remus nodded and rushed to his feet before he bend down slightly and wrapped his arms securely around Dawn's waist. She placed her hands on his shoulders as he slowly helped her stand up. He watched nervously as the redhead took a deep inhale before she moved her hands from him and smoothed out her jacket, "Okay, I'm ready," She nodded, trying to send him a reassuring smile.

Remus let go off her waist and let her hand reach for his, their fingers interlocking as they began to walk slowly towards Dawn's family home. When they reached the door, Dawn suddenly felt the reality of what they were about to do in her mind. She had never brought a boyfriend home. She had never felt like this before. She thought she had been in love once before, with a guy only a year older than her, they had dated for just over a year before she broke it off with him, their feelings slowly but surely slipping away. But this was different. Remus was different. He made her feel special and in love and even though they had been secretly dating for just under a year, it felt more real than any other relationship before.

Squeezing his hand comfortingly, Dawn reached for the doorknob. Pushing the front door open she was instantly enveloped in warmth. The smell of cinnamon and freshly baked cookies wafted into her nose as she led Remus inside, closing the door behind them. They shared one last look (now she could see the nerves settling in his face) before they heard Molly's voice coming from the kitchen merely seconds before the woman appeared in the doorway, a tattered looking apron wrapped loosely around her waist, a dish cloth in her hands as she wiped the flour from her palms.

"Dawn," She grinned, looking ecstatic to see her oldest daughter standing there before a look of confusion washed over her face when she noticed Remus standing just behind the much shorter redhead, "Remus, I didn't know you were coming also," She said happily before her eyes landed down on their intertwined hands, "Oh."