15. YOU'RE TOO YOUNG

| CHAPTER FIFTEEN |

YOU'RE TOO YOUNG.

"NEARLY TIME FOR BED, I think," Molly yawned.

"Not just yet," Sirius told her as he pushed away his empty plate and leaned forwards, looking at his Godson, "You know, I'm surprised at you. I thought that the first thing you'd do when you got here would be to start asking questions about Voldemort."

The atmosphere in the dining room immediately changed. Sirius' words caused an eery silence to wash over everyone.

"I did," Harry confessed, "But Ron and Hermione said they weren't allowed to say anything, that they're not in the Order."

"And they're quite right," Molly interjected, "You're too young."

"Since when did someone have to be in the Order to ask questions?" Sirius asked rhetorically, "Harry's been trapped in that Muggle house for a while now. He's got the right to know what's been happening--"

"Hang on," George interrupted, raising his arm in the air.

"How come Harry gets his questions answered?" Fred asked, an undertone of anger in his voice.

"We've been trying to get stuff out of you for a month and you haven't told us a single stinking thing!" George said loudly, looking at his parents. 

"'You're too young, you're not in the Order,'" Fred added in a high-pitched voice, one that sounded extremely similar to their mother's, "Harry's not even of age!" His anger very clearly getting the best of him, "If it wasn't for Dawn we would--" He suddenly stopped talking, especially when he noticed the look his oldest sister was sending.

Dawn felt her parents eyeing her, her father with a puzzled look and her mother with an angry one but the Dragonologist declined to make any eye contact with them, keeping her green eyes down on her hands in her lap and only glancing up ever so slightly when Remus' hand suddenly came into view under the table, resting on top of hers.

"It's not my fault you haven't been told what the Order's doing," Sirius explained calmly, looking at the twins, "That's your parents' decision. Harry is my responsibility. I'm his Godfather."

"It's not down to you to decided what's good for Harry!" Molly said sharply, "You haven't forgotten what Dumbledore said, have you?"

"Which bit?" Sirius asked calmly, his eyes turning back to look at Molly.

"The bit about not telling Harry more than he needs to know," Molly said sternly.

Harry's, Ron's, Bill's, Hermione's, Fred's and George's heads kept turning from side to side, looking between Sirius and Molly as though they were watching a tennis rally. Ginny was occupying herself with her fork. Tonks was nonchalantly looking around the room. Mundungus had left as soon as the conversation happened. Dawn kept her eyes looking down at her and Remus' hands, playing with his fingers, whilst Remus kept glancing between the redhead sitting besides him and Sirius; just to make sure that if things got too heated, he could step in. Arthur had tried to calm his wife down, but she refused to even look at him; her eyes purely fixated on Sirius.