29. ARCHWAY

| CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE |

ARCHWAY.

THINGS HAD BEEN GOING WELL in Dawn's life recently (much to her surprise). Arthur was now out of the hospital, he was still bandaged up and was ordered to not overwork himself, but the most important thing was that he was alive and well. Harry was getting lessons from Snape (much to both of their displeasure) to keep the visions at bay, since if he could see things from You-Know-Who's point of view, it wouldn't take long for You-Know-Who to start seeing things from Harry's eyes and that was something no one wanted or needed.

The twins dropped out of school to finally open up their own joke shop. Dawn had tried everything she physically could to calm Molly down, but the woman wasn't having any of it, fury filling her veins when she found out. Dawn thought it was great, and she was more than excited to be one of the first people to see the shop when the twins were finally going to open. It was the twins' dream for as long as Dawn could remember, and she knew, first hand, how hard it could be when your parents don't fully support your dreams, so she promised them that they had her full support, and she would be there if they ever needed extra help.

Her relationship with Remus was going steady. It seemed to take a lot of encouraging (from Sirius mainly) to finally get the werewolf to let himself be happy with someone and to stop using his condition as an excuse to not let anyone in. Things were finally looking up, but everyone knew that nothing so good could last.

When the Order got the news that the kids (Harry, Hermione, Ron, Ginny, Neville and Luna) were now at the Ministry, doing Merlin knows what, they were preparing to go down there. Molly and Arthur had stayed back, the latter of the two due to his injuries, whilst Molly refused to leave her husband's side (plus, Dawn knew if their mum set eyes on Ron, she would explode) so, Bill and Charlie took their parent's places.

Dawn grabbed her wand before apparating at the Ministry, her eyes widening when she noticed Sirius punching Lucius Malfoy in the face. White lights spun around the room, freeing the children from the grip of Death Eaters as the rest of The Order arrived.

"What on earth were you guys thinking?" Dawn questioned, pushing Ron and Neville behind her (since the two boys were the closest to her).

"We thought they had Sirius," Ron told her sheepishly as she shielded them from an oncoming spell. 

"Stay here, okay?" She ordered them, pushing them behind a large boulder, "Don't move until it's clear."

Both boys nodded understandingly, watching the redhead as she ran off, throwing spells at any Death Eater that caught her eye. 

"Avadra Kadavra!"

It felt like everything was happening in slow motion. Dawn turned around when she heard the spell, her eyes widening in fear as she watched a bright green light emitting from Bellatrix Lestrange's wand, flying right towards Sirius. Before anyone could stop it, the light hit the man right in the chest, knocking him backwards into the archway positioned right behind him.

Tears stung Dawn's bright green eyes as they locked on the man, before shadows in the archway suddenly enveloped him, pulling him out of sight. Leaving nothing in his place but whispers.

A sickening laughter echoed around the walls of the Ministry, "I killed Sirius Black!"