60. GET OUT ALIVE

| CHAPTER SIXTY |

GET OUT ALIVE.

"I'M GOING WITH YOU."

"DAWN," Remus sighed sadly, "I can't have you get hurt again," He told her, pressing his palm against her cheek, watching as her eyes closed for a brief second, her face subconsciously moving closer to his touch. 

He couldn't help but inspect every inch of her face as if he was trying to memorise it all. From her gorgeously green ones - the ones he was completely captured by from the moment they bumped into one another outside the book shop. To the small scars scattered around her face - the longest one running down her eyebrow, the same one she used to always cover with her bright hair, only stopping after she met Remus. Her plump lips that always looked inviting to him. Her small button nose that she would scrunch up every time she was deep in thought about something important. He always seemed captured by her effortless beauty. The beauty that shone both on the inside and out. 

"I won't," She told him, snapping him from his gaze, "But I need to be there, Remus. I can't leave my family to fight alone. I can't leave you to fight alone." Harry had called up on the Order for support, he managed to get into Hogwarts and was waiting for them to arrive with backup, ready for the battle.

Remus frowned, he opened his mouth to protest when Dawn beat him to it, "I'll stick with you," She reassured her husband, "I'm sure Andromeda won't mind looking after Hope for a few hours, Tonks mentioned how much her mum adores children."

"Dawn..." He sighed.

"You know that I'll go either way, don't you?" She raised an eyebrow, folding her arms over her chest.

Remus sighed and nodded, the redhead was stubborn and if she set her mind to something, she'd do it; Remus knew that first hand, "Do you promise to stick to my side?" He suddenly questioned, looking down at her seriously, "But only if things go well. If things start looking...questionable you run, you hear me? You run like hell, yeah?"

Dawn sighed but nodded. She didn't want to leave him if things start looking like they're going wrong, but she completely understood his fear over it. If something did happen to the both of them, Hope would grow up without either parent there for her and nothing sounded worse in Dawn's or Remus' minds. They wanted to be there for their daughter. They needed to be there for her. Whether it would be both of them or not. 

"It's going to be okay," Dawn finally spoke up after several minutes of complete silence. She reached over and took Remus' hand in hers, stroking his knuckles mindlessly, "We'll get out alive. I know we will."

He squeezed her palm as he tried his best to give her the most reassuring smile he could muster, "I hope you're right."

Dawn grinned cheekily, "You know I'm always right."