53. USELESS

| CHAPTER FIFTY-THREE |

USELESS.

REMUS STILL HADN'T HEARD anything about Dawn and he wasn't sure if that was a good sign or not. Sure, this could mean that she wasn't dead but if she wasn't then where in Merlin's name was she? He didn't know how to go on with life, of course, he looked after Hope and made sure the little girl had everything she needed whilst her mum was...away, but that's the only thing he seemed able to do. He couldn't eat. He couldn't sleep. His eyes were bloodshot but they never wavered, his stubble was overgrowing.

Molly and Arthur were extremely helpful during this time. Arthur and Kingsley were doing everything they could to find Dawn or any sign of where she would be. Molly opened her arms and home for Remus and Hope, helping the man to look after her grandchild especially during full moons. Remus only stayed at the cottage a handful of times over the last few weeks, everything there reminded him too much of Dawn and he couldn't bring himself to sit in that house, he couldn't even look into their shared wardrobe without breaking down.

During full moons he did go back and use the shed, he also went back to get a few things for Hope (who was coming up to her first birthday already, an event Remus had been expecting to spend with his wife). He also stayed at the cottage during Bill and Fleur's wedding. The pair wanted to get married as quick as possible and did it under a gazebo at the Burrow. Remus was invited, of course, but going to a wedding was the last thing he wanted to do. Having fun, dancing around whilst Dawn was out there somewhere, probably suffering made him feel sick. Plus, Fleur was far too posh and he knew his ruffed up blazer and grown out stubble wouldn't get passed her. He was glad he didn't go when he heard about what had happened at the after party, Death Eaters infiltrated the Ministry before appearing at the Burrow. 

Luckily, no one was injured but it caused more anxiety in the wizarding world. Bill and Fleur disappeared somewhere, a safe house of Bill's aunt, Hermione, Harry and Ron took off to look for Horcruxes. Kingsley and Arthur were still on a look-out for anything that indicted where Dawn was. The twins had to go back to their prank shop whilst Ginny returned to Hogwarts, where Snape was now the Headmaster at. And Remus, well, he had never felt more useless in his life. He was just waiting, day by day for any new leads, with hope slowly and slowly dispersing.