23. I JUST WANT TO ENJOY THIS MOMENT

| CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE |

I JUST WANT TO ENJOY THIS MOMENT.

THE PAIR HAD STAYED AT Romania for longer than they expected to (which neither of them had a problem with). The first day there, Dawn had shown Remus the dragons, dressed in a tight leather suit to keep her warm Remus couldn't help but stare at her; she looked truly beautiful, especially in her natural zone (which was with the dragons). The next day she had decided to show him some of Romania and she would certainly be lying if she said that it wasn't the most fun that she had ever had; he could make her forget about all the problems happening in the world whenever she was around him. It felt like it was just the two of them. No one else.

The third day they had decided to just stay inside (after Dawn had finished work, of course). Dawn's flat was cosy enough for them to never want to leave it again, but they knew they would have to, the thought sat in the back of their minds as they practically cuddled on the couch, their eyes focused on the muggle television. 

Even though there was so much bad going on in the world at that time - with Voldemort back on the rise and the Ministry not believing a word of it; calling everyone that did a liar. Sirius Black was still, technically, a criminal that was being hunted and the Ministry seemed to be more focused on him than the real danger. With Harry Potter being right smack in the middle of it all. A innocent fifteen year old boy that had witness the death of a friend first hand and was shunned as a liar by most; including one of Dawn's brothers. 

"What are you thinking about?" Remus' voice snapped her out of her thoughts. His fingers danced through her hair resulting in her body to relax (which she didn't even realise was tense until that very moment). 

"Life, I suppose," She replied after a moment of silence, she looked up through her eyelashes at the man besides her. She had never felt so comfortable being so close to someone. It was a strange feeling at first, but one that she had grown to adore. 

"You want to talk about it?" He suggested, a look of worry flashing through his coffee-brown eyes. 

She thought about it for a moment. Did she want to talk about it? It would probably be good to get off her chest, right? But, at the same time, maybe being in Romania gave her a free pass to not even think about it let alone talk about it and she shouldn't worry until after they returned back to England, "No," Dawn finally said, her eyes never leaving Remus', long forgetting about the film on the television, "I just want to enjoy this moment."

Remus nodded understandingly, "Well, my ears are always open if you ever need to talk," He told her, his voice serious.

"You're too good for me," The redhead muttered, reaching her hand up to his cheek and touching it tenderly. Sparks flew from her fingertips onto his face. 

He let out a hearty chuckle, his chest rumbling against her back, "I definitely think it's the other way round."

Dawn shook her head, "I don't," She told him surely, "How many guys do you know that are willing to get into a dragon den when a woman asks them to?"

His eyes momentarily fell onto her plump lips - his mind remembering all the times they had kissed and just how right it felt, "How many women do you know are willing to get close to a werewolf?"

Dawn's eyes sparkled, "This one."