42. THE QUESTION

| CHAPTER FORTY-TWO |

THE QUESTION.

RON BOUNCED BACK TO HIMSELF in practically no time after the poisoning incident. This caused Dawn's worrying to calm down ever so slightly, but she still couldn't sleep right whenever she thought about a potential murder on the loose at Hogwarts, waiting to kill Dumbledore and clearly not caring about who he or she hurt in the process.

Remus did everything in his power to make sure that Dawn stopped stressing, it was a certainty hard task but one that was incredibly important. When the redhead decided to go visit her parents, Remus got to work on cleaning the cottage before starting on the dinner, his heart hammering violently against his ribcage as he thought about what he was going to ask her. 

The last few months had made him realise just how much he loved Dawn Weasley and how much he wanted to spend the rest of his life with her, raise their little one together, grow old together. He had never expected to meet someone like her, someone that made him feel like he was worthy of love, but he was so thankful that he did because Dawn Weasley was the best thing that had ever happened to him. 

When he heard the front door opening he suddenly began to panic, what if she didn't want this? What if she thought all of this was a mistake. Maybe she had gone to her parents to get advice from them how to end this.

"You alright?" Her angelic voice snapped Remus out of his worrying thoughts.

"Erm..yeah, I'm good," He replied quickly, his throat feeling drier than the desert.

Dawn looked at him skeptically, "You sure?"

Remus nodded frantically, "Why wouldn't I be?"

"Well, I called your name about ten times," She told him, smiling softly, "Are you sure you're okay? You look pale."

Remus gulped as nodded once again, he tried his best to regulate his heart rate, "I'm good. I'm good. How are you?"

"I'm great," The redhead grinned as she stepped further into the kitchen, sniffing the air, "That smells delicious. I hope you made extra."

Remus looked at her with a confused expression, was someone else joining them for dinner? Out of all days it had be this one?!

Dawn noticed the look on his face and she placed her hands over her swollen belly, "She's hungry."

Remus looked as if he was about to pass out in shock, "S-She?" He stuttered, his eyes drifting to Dawn's stomach, his heart swelling with joy at the thought of their baby.

"Well, I don't know for sure..." Dawn confessed, smiling sheepishly as Remus moved a chair for her to sit down on, "But it felt weird calling her or him an it, you know?"

Remus nodded understandingly. Even though he said he was alright, Dawn could still see the worry etched upon his face. His gaze seemed far away, his eyebrows furrowed as he moved from one foot to the other.

"Are you sure you're okay?" She asked once again, looking up at him.

Remus let out a shaky breath, "Fuck it," He muttered to himself before he took a step forwards. Dawn watched him with a puzzled expression as he knelt down in front on her, on one knee. He gently took her hand in his as he smiled nervously. She certainly didn't wan't to jump to conclusions but she couldn't seem to make her heart slow down. If he was going to do what she thought he was, then she was more than excited and for the first time in her life, she felt ready for it.

"I love you," Remus told her, finally looking into her bright green eyes, "I love you more than I could ever imagine. I love that you chose me even after I tried to push you away. I love that you're carrying our child. I never thought that I would feel like this," He confessed, "I never expected to meet anyone that I would want to live with forever let alone start a family. I'm sorry for the rambling, I think I'm more nervous than I'd like to admit," They both chuckled, tears pooling in their eyes as Remus reached into his pocket and pulled out a velvet box, "So, Dawn Mafalda Weasley, will you marry me?" He asked, opening it to reveal a gorgeous diamond ring sitting snugly in the middle of the box.

Dawn choked back a sob as she nodded frantically, "Yes! Only if you never say my middle name ever again."

Remus let out a soft chuckle as hie finally relaxed. Shakingly, he took the ring out of its box and slid it onto Dawn's finger. He looked back up at his fiancé, his heart swelling with joy as she beamed at him, wiping the tears with the back of her hand, "Hormones," She chuckled, "I love you."

Remus placed his hands on her cheeks, brushing the tears away before he connected their lips, "I love you too."