37. WHAT IF

| CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN |

WHAT IF.

MUCH TO DAWN'S DISMAY, THE sickness didn't seem to ease even after a few days in bed eating chicken broth and plain toast. What puzzled her the most was the fact that other than the nauseating feeling she felt absolutely fine, she had no headache, no sore throat no chills and she didn't even have a fever. This, of course, worried Remus to the core, it ached him to see her feeling so unwell with no clue to what was happening to her, so over the last two days he had been trying to talk her into seeing a doctor and eventually she caved in. 

Remus had tried to go with her, but she convinced him that she'll be okay by herself whilst he had to go off to do a mission for the Order, although he wasn't convinced and managed to talk Tonks into going to Dawn and the redhead was more than thankful for that. 

The two woman sat in the living room of Remus' cottage in silence, their eyes wide as they both tried to come to the terms with what the doctor had told them. 

Pregnant. 

Dawn Weasley was pregnant.

She couldn't believe it and she definitely didn't know how to feel about it. Dark times were coming was it really time to start a family? A family with someone that sure she loved dearly, but with someone that she hadn't even spoken about starting one. As soon as the doctor congratulated her, Dawn realised that neither she or Remus had ever brought up the idea of starting a family together. None of them had even mentioned the idea of kids (the closest thing to that seemed to be when Molly asked her daughter for grandchildren, but even that didn't kick start a conversation). 

"What if he doesn't want it?" Dawn finally broke the silence, her bright green eyes were welling up with tears, "What if it's too soon? What if he was going to break up with me? What am I going to do then? I can't be a single mum!"

Tonks rushed over to her friend and knelt down in front of her, placing her hands on Dawn's knees to stop them from shaking, "Dawn, breathe, breathe," She soothed as the redhead finally took in a deep inhale, "It's going to be okay, he isn't going to leave you, you know that, he's completely and utterly in love with you."

"How can you be so sure?" She questioned, her words were laced with panic, "We-We haven't talked about children. Merlin, we haven't even talked about marriage, Tonks!"

"Shhh, shh," Tonks rushed up to wrap her arms around the redhead as she began to sob, "He loves you so much, Dawn, you just need to talk to him about it. I promise you it's all going to be okay, you've got me if you ever need any help."

Dawn wiped her eyes, "Thank you," She said, her voice full of sincerity, "You're so sweet," She smiled but the smile was quickly wiped from her face when the sound of the front door opening and then closing echoed through the room, "Shit, that's him! What do I do?"

"First, you need to breathe," Tonks instructed, trying to calm the pregnant woman as much as she could, "Second, you're going to tell him, okay, straight up, it'll all be okay."

"Dawn?" Remus' voice came from the hallway, just outside the living room.

"In here!" Tonks answered for her, "It'll be okay," She whispered as she stood up when the living room door opened.

"What's going on?" The werewolf questioned, looking between the women. As soon as he noticed the tears pooling in Dawn's eyes he rushed over to her, falling onto his knees before her as Tonks stood up and said a very quick and quiet farewell before disappearing (not before sending Dawn a thumbs up and mouthing 'It'll be okay'), "What happened? Did you go to the doctors?" Remus asked, his voice was frantic as he wiped the tears that escaped Dawn's eyes.

"Ye-Yeah, I did," She nodded, "I'm---I'm. I'm p-pregnant."