𝗢𝗻𝗲

Header Photo credit: ggracev19

◉‿◉

Warnings: self-conscious of one's body weight/looks

Warnings: self-conscious of one's body weight/looks. Insecurities.

Words 779

◉‿◉

2012

Awake

Tyler's eyes admired Jenna, a small smile on his parted lips. His eyes were squinted the tiniest bit from his round, rosy, chipmunk cheeks rising, as his grin grew. "What are you talking about? You look stunning." He muttered just above a whisper. Jenna took a deep breath, shaking her head.

"I don't understand how you think this is stunning." Jenna referenced to her body. "A dress is supposed to show off your flat belly, and beautiful curves-"

"Which it does!" Tyler interrupted.

"No! All it shows off is this fat torpedo-head belly." Jenna frowned at the realization. She knew she was fat, and getting fatter, she just didn't like saying it.

Tyler shook his head, repeatedly mumbling 'no, no, no,' as he stepped closer. He placed his hand on her belly, cupping her cheek with his other hand. "You're not fat. You're pregnant. There's a difference. And even if you were I'd love you just the same."

Jenna rolled her eyes, slowly hanging her head back in frustration. "Well, I might as well be fat with what I've been eating!"

Tyler sighed, grabbing her hand and guiding her over to the side of the bed. "Jen, you're feeding a baby right now. Including yourself."

Tyler leaned his head on her shoulder, his small fluff from his hair grazing past her cheek. Jenna looked straight forward in the mirror, her head tilted to show she was in a small pouty mood.

The tight dress showed off her belly perfectly, which is exactly what Jenna hated. She hated her body, especially right now. Not only did she hate her body, she hated that she hated her body. It was an endless cycle of hate she couldn't get out of.

She would have never even touched the maternity dress if it wasn't for a baby photoshoot. Of course, she wanted a baby photoshoot of her belly and specifically a photo of Tyler behind her holding her stomach, but she didn't want to have to show off her belly.

But it was a belly photoshoot, so it was a loss for her. "I just don't want to feel ugly anymore." Jenna mumbled, her face falling into a sad expression.

Tyler shook his head, again repeatedly mumbling 'no, no, no.' Something he seemed to do whenever Jenna downgraded, doubted, or insulted herself, which seemed to happen a lot during her pregnancy. "You are beautiful, and I don't care what you think. You can go ahead and think you're ugly, but I'm sticking with beauty because it's the full truth."

Jenna sighed, falling back on the bed. Tyler lifted his head from her shoulder as she did so, flinging himself over her to hover above her beautiful body. "Careful my belly might stab you." Jenna sassed, her face in a small spiteful pout.

Tyler ignored her frustration and only smiled, "I love you."

Jenna scoffed. "Well, I don't." Tyler's eyebrows quickly furrowed in some sort of hurt expression. Jenna immediately rephrased, "no! I love you. I mean me. I don't love me." Tyler sighed, leaning down and kissing her stomach. Jenna quickly began talking again. "And don't try and argue with me about it. I don't want your comfort, that's not why I'm saying it. I just really don't love myself right now." Tyler relaxed himself with his head and ear pressed against her belly as she spoke. "There's nothing anyone can do about it."

Tyler kissed her belly once more before gently whispering, "Well, you don't have to love yourself. I love you enough for the both of us."

A knock traveled through their eardrums startling them both. "Are you guys done changing? I'm ready to get this done." Mark called from the other side of the thick wooden door.

Tyler groaned, lifting himself off of Jenna, and offering her a hand up. "I forgot what we were doing for a second." Tyler smiled, reaching in and kissing Jenna's lips. "You're amazing, I love you, and you'll be just fine in about a month. Just don't let it get to your head too much." Tyler quickly concluded, his hand moving from the center of her belly to her side, rubbing the soft dress's fabric lovingly.

Jenna mustered a smile, refusing to feel sad when being held by Tyler. It was always her most favorite thing; Tyler and her cuddling up next to each other, or embracing in a slow, small, serene dance.

Sometimes she just had to remind herself that the 9 months of hell in a pregnancy came with an astonishing, amazing, and wholesome product at the end.

A family.

◉‿◉

Welcome to, Alive | ør | Asleep, the sequel to, We're Human.

I hope you enjoyed the first chapter!

Jenna is pregnant!!!! Honestly, is that even exciting in fan fictions anymore? Because she has already been pregnant and had a baby in real life...           I don't know.