𝗙𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗡𝗶𝗻𝗲

Warnings: none

Warnings: none

Words 1133

Awake

Tyler felt a nudge on his shoulder as he began to rouse. "Ty," Jenna called rather quietly, Rosie in one arm, and paper work in the other. "Rosie's done. Let's go, I'm ready to get home and cook dinner."

Tyler let out a yawn as he took in his surrounding. Jenna began to head to the door, and that's when he realized he was in a doctor's office for Rosie's appointment. He saw a few people looking at him, watching him finally wake up from his nap in the waiting room.

He formed a small smile on his lips as he nodded towards the people staring, pulling himself out of the chair and walking towards the door.

Once he got himself comfortable in the back seat with Rosie, he reached over and pressed his fingers around a piece of Jenna's golden locks carefully, as if he was interested in how it felt. "Hey, I've got somethin' I wanna ask you." He mumbled in his sweet voice, his chin on the shoulder of the driver's seat.

"I'm sorry, I really wanna hear it. But can it wait until dinner? If it's really important I'd rather you have my full attention."

Tyler hummed, "it is important," and he laid back in his seat as their white truck's wheels touched the highway.

◉‿◉

Jenna placed the pot roast in the middle of the table, giving Tyler the opportunity to pick and choose which pieces he wanted.

Jenna sat, pouring herself a glass of water. "So, I start work again in a few days."

Tyler nodded, giving himself a scoop of corn on his plate. "I've already made plans with my mom to come over and help me."

Jenna nodded, "I talked with her too."

It went silent as they began to eat, the sound of their forks scraping across the plate is the only noise noticeable. Rosie was now upstairs asleep. She had a big day at the doctor's and her appointments always made her super tired. "What'd you wanna tell me?" Jenna asked, and Tyler made a sound of realization.

"Oh, um..." he finished chewing as he leaned back in his chair. "It's about your book."

Jenna looked up, raising her eyebrows. "You mean our book? We both wrote it." She smiled proudly, and Tyler nodded. "What about it?"

Tyler took another bite, waiting to swallow before answering. "Are we going to show Rosie?"

Jenna's lips parted in some sort of shock. She hadn't really thought about that, and she was caught off guard. "I mean, how could we keep it from her in the first place?"

Tyler nodded, "that's what josh said."

"You talked about it?"

"No— well, he brought it up." Tyler shrugged.

Jenna looked down as she thought, before nodding. "Yeah, I think she should. But I think we should wait until she's like— I don't know, eighteen or something."

Tyler nodded, "right, that's what I was thinking."

Jenna frowned, looking around the room as she thought. "I mean, it's just so terrible. And scarring, and..." she paused, "and real." She picked up her fork again as she played with her food. "You know, part of me wants to keep it from her. Part of me wants to keep the whole idea from her."

"Yeah... but it's better if she knows so she can be smart with her actions, right?"

Jenna sighed, propping her head up with her palm. "I just don't want it to happen to her." She hung her head as she shook the thought out of her mind. She wiped her eyes from the small tears before looking back up.

Tyler tensed, and he shook his head apologetically. "I'm sorry. Maybe I shouldn't have brought it up."

Jenna shook her head, picking up her plate, and reaching over to grab Tyler's empty one. "No, Ty. I'm glad you did."

As she disappeared into the kitchen he called out to her, "we don't have to worry about it right now, you know."

"I know. You can go take a shower, I'll meet you up there when I'm done with the dishes."

Tyler sighed, standing from his chair. "Alright. Hurry up. I'm gonna wait up for you."

◉‿◉

Tyler ran his hand on Jenna's hip as they cuddled up next to each other. Jenna flipped through Netflix, looking for some good TV shows that they could easily fall asleep to.

It was nice because they had just recently felt comfortable enough to move Rosie into her actual room instead of the foot of their bed. That gave them the opportunity to turn their tv on and watch it without the risk of waking up the pretty little sleeper.

After a little bit of scrolling she stopped on 'The Office' humming out a small giggle as she pressed play. Tyler too let out a small laugh.

"I haven't watched this show with you in forever."

"Ever since you proposed." Jenna mumbled, and Tyler playfully bit her ear gently with his teeth making Jenna squeal and lift her shoulders.

"No! After you forced me to propose a second time." He corrected, kissing her ear instead this time as a small apology.

"I cannot believe you just bit my ear." Jenna fussed playfully, and Tyler pressed his thumb into Jenna's hip, rubbing it.

"No, ma'am, it's called nibbling."

"Well, you're a really aggressive nibbler, Joseph."

Tyler hummed, "hmm, I'll allow that." He then flooded Jenna with thousands of kisses on her cheek and ear, making what sounded like pig noises. Jenna squealed, as Tyler rolled himself onto his other side, taking her with him as he tickled her sides.

"Tyler! Rosie's going to wake up!" Jenna squealed as she tried to dodge his fingers, her laughs cascading through the room. And just like Jenna said, Rosie let out a cry. It was faint, but Jenna could hear it. "Ty! Ty, stop I hear her crying." She grabbed his forearms, and Tyler let out a huff of frustration as he climbed off of her.

"You're no fun." Tyler pouted, sitting on his knees as Jenna climbed out of the bed.

"I was having a blast until who started tickling me." Her eyebrows were lifted, her smile still noticeable and her breath quick from all the laughing.

Tyler smiled slightly as he watched her exit the room. "You know you like it." He mumbled as if he was talking to her. He then answered for her it a higher voice, "of course I like it. I love everything you do. You're the sexiest man in the whole goddamn galaxy." He then let himself fall against his pillow. "Oh, Thank you. I know I am."

"I can hear you." Jenna called, and Tyler just a shrugged.

"What? It's fun to fantasize."

◉‿◉

One more chapter left...