𝗙𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗦𝗶𝘅

Header photo credit: my cousin made this. She doesn't have a wattpad.

 She doesn't have a wattpad

Warnings: profanity

Words 830

Asleep

Clancy clapped his hands together, bringing everyone's attention back to the trial. "The trial is back in session. Everyone may return to their seats. Defense will be going first this time. Charles," Clancy nodded towards Charles and he cleared his throat standing up.

Tyler looked at him expectantly, and Charles nodded towards him. "I would like to question Tyler Joseph, please."

Everyone looked at each other with furrowed eyebrows, small mumbles traveling across the room. They had never called someone else for questioning. It was always just the prisoner. They had never really had another person to question, for that matter.

Clancy turned to Hayley and Josh and they both nodded. Josh was holding Rosie's hand so she wouldn't reach up to tug one of his curly locks.

Immediately once they nodded, he stood up, fixing the sleeves of his shirt out of anxiousness.

"So, Tyler. Have you ever seen the walkie-talkie before?" Charles slid the walkie-talkie and the necklace towards him.

Tyler shook his head, his expression blank as he looked at it. He was a good liar because it was so easy to hide his emotions. "No, I haven't."

"How about that necklace, there." He pointed to the necklace.

Tyler nodded, "I have seen that. I found it in the creek laying in the water." He put on a sweet smile. "I gave it to her."

"You heard the tape right?" Tyler nodded, "do you remember ever saying— quote 'I found a rose outside. Maybe we should' and it cuts off."

Tyler shook his head, "no, I did not. I went to go get the rose, and I was in ear shot for everything she could've said. She wasn't talking to a walkie-talkie. She was talking to our baby."

"What did she say to your baby?" Charles lifted his eyebrows.

Tyler looked over at Jenna, a small smile capturing his lips. "She said something along the line of, 'I'm going to take care of you. I won't let you feel the torment I went through inside those walls. We're going to be free.'"

Tyler seemed so gentle with his words as he looked at Jenna. She almost believed every word. She wished it was the truth.

"Can you describe Nico in your own words?"

Tyler nodded, "I see Nico as an unforgiving snake. Sneaky, manipulative, and ready to pounce when you turn away."

"No further questions." Charles nodded towards Rebecca and she stood up.

"The second voice in the recording, it sounds like you, no?"

"Yes it does, but-"

"Do you remember naming your child?" She interrupted, refusing to let him speak anything but a yes or a no.

"Of course, but-"

"Then wouldn't it be possible that you did say this and you just don't remember?" She said roughly.

"I'm not a fucking dumbass! I don't forget my words every 5 seconds." He lashed back, getting frustrated and annoyed from being cut off.

"But this was longer than that, Mr. Joseph." She said calmer. "No further questions."

Clancy stood, everyone's attention being turned to him. "Give us half an hour to make our decision."

Everyone stood, following Clancy into some separate room to talk out their votes. Josh gave Rosie to Tyler beforehand.

Tyler sighed, finally feeling able to relax. He brushed his thumb over Rosie's soft face as she slept. Jenna stared at him for a moment before speaking up quietly, and calmly.

"Can we talk about this?"

"Later." He replied simply, and Jenna sighed.

"Thank you for helping me." Jenna said, and Tyler took a deep breath as if he didn't want to hear it. "Even though I hurt you."

Tyler rolled his eyes, looking over to her. "Stop trying to be sweet on me, okay? I understand you're regretting your choices, but I don't want to hear it. You're only regretting them because I found out. We'll talk about it later when you can explain yourself logically, and not emotionally." He was quite calm with his words, and Jenna nodded, letting out a small sigh.

◉‿◉

Soon the cabin door to a separate room opened and people flooded out of it. It must've been a huge room if they could all fit.

They all took their seats, and Josh stood, grabbing a piece of paper and clearing his throat.

"We have come to a decision. We hereby declare Jenna Joseph... not guilty." Josh has a small smile on his face as he looked up at Jenna and Tyler. "The defense has uncovered that Nico could've very well planted the walkie-talkie, and with his manipulation of neon made the recording. It has happened in a similar case a few months back."

Tyler let out a breath he didn't know he was holding. And Jenna let out a small sob of happiness that she didn't have to live her life in the caves, which she dreaded.

"Case closed."

◉‿◉

Honestly, if this was real life she would have went to prison.