𝗧𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝗦𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻

I will add a header photo later. I am running out of edits for the headers so if you have any edits you want me to use, let me know where to find them and I will give credit.

Warnings: none

Warnings: none

Words 1086

◉‿◉

Awake

"How's that sound?" Tyler asked as he removed his fingers from their spot on the piano.

"It needs drums." Jenna teased, her legs propped up on the arm rest of the comfy couch, and her head on the cushions. The calendar marked February sixth. February sixth was Jenna's due date, and Tyler refused to let her out of his sight. She didn't mind, she enjoyed hanging with Tyler. It was rare to find them in the studio together.

"You know what I think it needs?" Tyler twisted himself in his chair, ignoring her small joke and folding his hands in his lap. A small smile he reserved for teasing formed on his lips.

Jenna's smile didn't falter. "What?"

"Some love." Tyler exaggerated 'love' to sound as if he was Caesar, The Host on The Hunger Games series.

Jenna tilted her head the best she could while it was pressed to the couch, and she squinted her eyes. "What are you getting at?"

Tyler lifted his chin towards the air showing his defiance to answer. "Nothin'. Just sit there. You're doin' great." He twisted back around and Jenna huffed out a snort of giggles. "Oh yes, perfect!"

"What?" Jenna squeaked loudly, only fueling Tyler's teasing behavior. Jenna could hear the pencil on the paper, and his arm shifting back and forth on the page. His fingertips swishing across the sheet every time he erased. He sneaked peaks at Jenna every once and a while. He couldn't look at her without turning his chair because the couch was directly behind him.

After a few minutes of Jenna patiently waiting, Tyler placed his pencil down loudly, creating a clunk as it rolled off his desk. He didn't pay attention to it. He only turned himself around in his chair slowly as if he was a villain with a plan. "Guess what, mom."

Jenna reached out her hand, only a few inches from Tyler's knee as she pointed at him. "I told you to stop calling me that."

Tyler lifted his eyebrows, pressing his lips together as if forming an M. "Momma." Jenna turned her head, her eyes closing as she huffed. "It also means 'The Ultimate Tough Blues Woman."

Jenna squinted her eyes. "What is that supposed— Did you look that up?" She stuttered.

"Maybe." Yes. Yes he did.

Jenna shifted her attention to the piece of paper in Tyler's hands. Once he realized she was looking he jiggled it subtly as if he was taunting her with it. "What'd you write down that's gotten you so goofy?"

Tyler furrowed his eyebrows, "I'm not goofy, am I?"

"What'd your write!" Jenna whined, and Tyler sighed.

"A song! Jeez, momma, calm down." Tyler huffed, handing her the paper.

She snatched it, "stop calling me that." And she skimmed the page.

"You know, I've always been collected calm and chill."

A smile formed on her face as she read on. It was an admiring smile as she read through to the end which made up a first verse and a pre-chorus.

"And you know, I never look for conflict for the thrill"
"But if I'm feelin', someone steppin' towards you can't describe just what I'm feelin'."

"Do you like it?" Tyler asked quietly as Jenna handed him the page back. She turned onto her side, curling up into a sleeping position.

She answered casually, "No, I love it. Never stop writing."

Tyler nodded, twisting back towards his desk to continue with, yet another pencil since he 'lost' his other one he was using. "Okay."

◉‿◉

Asleep

Tyler felt his arm being tugged roughly. His shoulder hit the cement wall of the sewers as he felt arms wrap around his body in an embrace. Just the feeling of her figure was enough for him to know it was Jenna. He held her tightly as the splashing and rioting of the watchers swarmed the sewer tunnel, rapidly running down the underground passage.

Tyler made sure to keep his eyes on them as they made a left. Noting every single detail they did. Once the last watcher turned the corner he quickly grabbed Jenna's hand. The trapdoor had closed leaving them into complete darkness. They're eyes would have to adjust but they didn't have enough time to wait. They had to see where the watchers were heading.

"Fast. C'mon." Tyler demanded more roughly than he meant. He was flustered and he was overwhelmed with everything happening. He tugged her along with him, refusing to let go of her hand. At the end of the tunnel he turned left, and luckily the left tunnel was dimly lit.

They followed the sound of the splashing water, staying on the border of the tunnel. After a while of walking straight, the splash of the watcher's feet became louder until the watcher came from the right, shifting towards them with their glowing red eyes and feathered capes.

Tyler squatted instantly, Jenna doing the same. They flew past them, the sewage water splashing in their faces as they did so. They were heading back to dema.

They both stood, quickly sneaking their way towards where they saw the watchers fly past. Once they turned right, a huge light shown at the end, delighting their eyes and bringing joy to their faces.

Tyler smiled, squeezing Jenna's hand lovingly. They walked quickly until finally another old wooden trap door with a small peak hole to provide light was in their view. "Stay here I'm going to check."

Jenna nodded as she watched Tyler climb the ladder up towards the trapdoor. He peaked through the small hole, before lifting the trapdoor the slightest bit. What he saw shocked him.

It was a beautiful landscape. Up quite ahead was two huge mountains and a trench deviding them. On the left you could barely see a worn down building. The trench seemed to stretch farther than his eyes could see. And what really made him astonished was the worn in prints in the grass from the trapdoor and towards the trench. It was as if people walked this path every day and made it a trail. It brought hope to Tyler. He knew there had to be a way out, and he knew there had to be a successful perimeter escape.

He was now one of them.

◉‿◉

Yay!!!!!!! THEY ESCAPED! Now to get to the good stuff \(^o^)/