𝗧𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝗙𝗶𝘃𝗲

—  I will add a header photo later. I am running out of edits for the headers so if you have any edits you want me to use, let me know where to find them and I will give credit.

Warnings: none

Warnings: none

Words 662

◉‿◉

Asleep

"Did you get everything?" Jenna asked as she saw Tyler enter the house. He nodded, checking his watch for the time.

"Yeah, did you?"

Jenna nodded, lifting the bag full of bread up. "Yep, ten loaves."

Tyler smiled, walking over and kissing Jenna's cheek. "Alright. I might not be able to pull you this time because of my back. Are you okay to walk there?" His back hurt for just walking, the inside of his shirt rubbing his burns as if they were a sunburn.

Jenna nodded, "okay, but we should leave now. I feel like I'll need breaks. I've already walked so much today and my back is killing me."

Tyler rubbed her shoulders lovingly. He quickly made his way over to the closet. "Okay, but help me get this stuff packed so we can leave first thing when we get back."

He pulled down a backpack. It was the backpack he used for when he was in school. He placed the first aid kit to the bottom of the bag, and since the bread was already in some sort of duffel bag he clipped it to the back of the pack.

Jenna stripped the bed of its sheets and began to fold them and Tyler took his pillow and shoved it into the bag.

He grabbed multiple water bottles from underneath the counter of the small kitchen, hooking three onto the backpack's outside.

He added a few more things, like a compass and their two rolls of duct tape left.

Once everything was put nicely inside he zipped it up.

"Alright, we can leave now." Tyler spoke, grabbing Jenna's hand and heading for the door.

It was 2:40. That gave them plenty of time to walk to the dema tower.

◉‿◉

"Joshua Dun." The bishop's voice spoke loudly above all the tired people.

This has been recorded as the first headcount that Joshua William Dun has not attended. And this will be recorded as the last headcount Tyler Robert Joseph will attend.

The siren blew and Tyler quickly grasped Jenna's hands in his. Although he wasn't being fooled with the huge malicious grin on the siren keeper's face, he still felt a soft pang in his heart at the possibility.

Nico silently and painfully slowly, made his way towards Josh's mark. He stuck his hand inside his small bucket he carried to every headcount and dropped the odorless neon onto the X on the ground. It glowed an odd bright color. It wasn't necessarily white, but it wasn't any other color Tyler had seen either. Tyler had just called the color Neon. Although that wasn't really a color without a subsequent word being either green, blue or any other actual color to accompany it.

They went on through the D's and to the E's. There weren't many people in the city of dema. If Tyler just loosely counted he would say about 500 people were at the headcount.

And as each bishop called out the names in alphabetical order, they inched closer to Joseph.

It was always a stressful time for everyone. It always seemed so slow too.

He was glad this was going to be his last.

Tyler felt Jenna's hand squeeze his more rough than he'd like. He shifted his head down towards her, his eyebrows furrowing. He hummed slightly, before his name traveled through his ears from Nico.

"Tyler Joseph!" Nico charged closer, grabbing the collar of his shirt. "When I call your name you answer, you hear me?"

Tyler scrunched his nose up into a scowl before nodding his head. Nico released him roughly, pushing him back towards the guy behind him who nudged him up straight. Little did that guy know his back hurt like hell. He ignored the small burning sensation as he stood himself up straight again.

He couldn't wait to get out of this hell.

◉‿◉

The next chapter will be better I promise! Get ready for the great escape :)