𝗧𝘄𝗼

Header photo credit: JishJosephh

◉‿◉

Warnings: angst

Warnings: angst.

I forgot to mention in the first chapter. It is 2012 and they are both 23.

Words 1293

◉‿◉

Awake

"No, Josh. I'm sorry, but I need to take that month off." Tyler argued as he bent over the steering wheel to get a good look of the turn in the road. He wouldn't want to get in a car crash. That would be terrible.

"I know, but you can bring them. It's just a weekend long cruise." Josh's muffled voice rang through the phone speaker's and into Tyler's ear.

Tyler chuckled. "The cruise is the first, the baby is due the sixth. What? Do you want Jenna to have her on a cruise ship?" Tyler turned on the highway, pressing down the gas to match the speed limit.

"No, I get it. It's just— I don't know Mark's friends that well. And I don't want to cancel because Debby is really looking forward to it. It would just be easier if you were there." Josh sighed, the poor speaker's making it sound like static.

At the beginning of the year, Mark, one of Tyler and Josh's best friends, invited then on a cruise. They accepted and planned the cruise. Unfortunately, Tyler had to cancel.

He wanted to be with Jenna through her maternity leave, and be stress free while doing it. He didn't want to plan anything in the month of February, because just the thought of having to care for a human child and keep schedules made Tyler sweat with anxiety. He canceled all the interviews, he canceled all the family gatherings, and most importantly he canceled the cruise.

At first Josh was fine with it, but now since February 1st, the date of the cruise, was getting closer, his anxiousness was growing. As Josh said, he didn't know Mark's other friends that well. He planned on latching onto Debby like a leach, and never leaving her side. He hated the thought of being left out, and when you're with a friend who has other friends around, you'll most likely be left out.

"I'm sorry, man. If you ever get cell service out there, FaceTime me." Tyler began to turn into his destination, and he parked his car in the parking lot. "Besides, you have Debby with you."

"I know, I know. I'm just getting anxious about it. Sorry for repeatedly asking you about this."

"It's alright," Tyler leaned back in his seat, looking out to the building in front of him reading 'Once Upon A Child Thrift Store.' "I have to go. I'm at the thrift store."

"A thrift store? For what?" Josh asked curiously.

Tyler stepped out of his car, "I don't know, it's called 'Once Upon A Child' so I was assuming there would be baby products in here."