𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

Header photo credit: JishJosephh

◉‿◉

Warnings: dark

Warnings: dark.

Words 975

◉‿◉

Asleep

"So, you really think that he just escaped?" Jenna mumbled as she skimmed through the letter a second time.

Tyler shrugged, "I think so. The watchers were following me when I broke into his apartment, so I'm pretty sure there's something the bishops don't want us to know."

Jenna bit the inside of her lip, "what does, 'instead of trying to hide ourselves, we'll make sure that all of us are noticed.' mean? Wouldn't that just start the alarm?" She asked, as she read the letter in her hands.

Tyler nodded, "Well, we heard the alarm when he tried. But I don't think that was the plan. I think that they planned on cloaking themselves from the watcher's eye."

"Who's we?"

"I'm pretty sure it's Clancy and Josh."

Jenna sighed, "I'm sorry for all the questions but who's Clancy?"

Tyler shrugged, "I don't know, it's kind of odd we haven't heard of him if he lives in the city."

Jenna nodded, "maybe he escaped before Josh did, and then Josh followed."

Tyler nodded, "I just don't get why Josh couldn't have told me about this. We told each other almost everything."

Jenna put a hand on his shoulder as some sort of comfort, "'almost', Ty. Maybe he had to keep it a secret."

Tyler sighed, nodding his head. "I understand that."

A loud siren burst through the walls and into their eardrums startling them a bit. They both looked at each other, confused. It was Tuesday, the siren shouldn't be blaring until Saturday.

"Does that mean we have to go?" Jenna asked, and Tyler nodded, quickly standing up from the side of his bed.

"We might have to." He replied, helping Jenna out of the position she was in and jogging outside to set up her wagon.

"I can probably walk today, Ty." Jenna suggested as she followed him outside.

Tyler immediately shook his head. "No, we'll be late. Sit down."

Jenna obliged, sitting carefully down on her cutting board. Tyler grabbed ahold of the sheet, tugging her as he began his way to Dema Hall.

ಠ_ಠ

"I know you all are confused. I understand. Thank you for taking your time to come up here, I have some very bad news." Nico began, the eight other bishops sitting in their thrones, looking over the small wave of people. "We do not have enough apartments to hold anymore people. We'll be working on a new apartment building on the East side of the graveyard. Sadly, that will take a while. So, as of next week, every newborn will be handed to me where it will live in my house to be safe and cared for. And if you're not having a baby anytime soon I advise you keep it that way. There is no refusing this law. You'll get the same penalty as if you were late. Thank you."

Tyler kept his head straight as he thought, his body felt weak, and his mind was racing with possibilities. He heard a small quiet sob from his left, and he quickly latched his hand with hers, squeezing gently before shooshing her softly.

Nico glanced to Tyler, giving him a glare that made Tyler feel as though he wanted to climb into a hole and die there. "Everyone can leave except Tyler Joseph, and Jenna Joseph." He said Jenna's name softly, once he saw her crying.

Everyone ventured out of the hall, although their families walked slow, looking back every once and a while to Tyler and Jenna in concern.

Nico slowly walked over, wiping Jenna's tears as he caressed her cheek. "Don't cry, Jenna." He whispered. He had always had a soft spot for her.

"Get your hands off her." Tyler said calmly, his eyes only partially glancing at the intimidating man in front of him.

Nico wore a cloak, a red one, and it seemed as though he had face paint on but it was hard to tell from the black see-through vail he had over his face.

One glance into his eyes could give you nightmares for weeks, and chills for days.

Nico only smiled, dropping his hand from Jenna's stiff frightened figure and leaning in to whisper into Tyler's ear. "I know what you're doing, and I suggest you quit it." He whispered softly, his hot breath making Tyler wince. Nico pressed his hand to Jenna's belly, his eyes trailing to hers with a devilish glare. "or you lose your one purpose for living. Wouldn't want that would you, babygirl?"

Tyler felt his blood boil with anger, but he stayed silent. It was worse off if he fought than if he stayed quiet.

Nico stepped back, a small smile only slightly visible on his dark lips. He straightened himself professionally, holding his hands in front of him. "Go home, my children. Rest. You have a big day at work tomorrow. You'll be creating Josh's neon gravestone."

Tyler furrowed his eyebrows, "what?"

Nico nodded, "yes, Tyler. He killed himself. Maybe you should put some thought into doing the same. You've done many rememberable things in your life already."

Tyler scrunched his nose the slightest bit in disgust, as nico turned around walking through the big double doors towards the Dema Towers.

Jenna breathed out a breath of relief, sobs now fully releasing from her lips. Tyler engulfed her in a hug, pressing her head closer to his chest as she cried. "A- are they going to take our baby?" She breathed.

Tyler looked down, kissing her head. "No, love. I won't let them. You can trust me."

Jenna hugged Tyler tighter, "okay."

"Let's get you on the wagon, and we can go home."

◉‿◉

This is so dark, and I'm sorry about that. Hopefully you are all doing okay, and I want you to know I love every one of you.