𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗡𝗶𝗻𝗲

—  I will add a header photo later. I am running out of edits for the headers so if you have any edits you want me to use, let me know where to find them and I will give credit.

Warning: none

Warning: none

Words 977

Awake

A loud alarm sound jolted Jenna awake, Tyler still softly snoring, his chest lifting peacefully. Jenna frantically picked herself off of Tyler's body, her foot pushing against his hurt one, as an attempt to get off the bed. He groaned, tensing his bones as he looked at her confusingly.

"Fuck." Jenna whispered worriedly as she reached for her phone on her side table.

"Why'd you do that?" He mumbled, still quite confused on the whole panicked matter. He carefully guided his leg closer to his body, holding it as if it would make it better. "That hurt."

Jenna was already talking to the person on her phone, getting out of the bed and pacing the room. She covered the speaker to whisper, "I'm sorry, Ty. I didn't mean to. It's my mom, we're late picking up Rosie." She then walked towards the closet, putting the phone to her ear. "I am so so sorry mom. We fell asleep, but I have no ex-" she was cut off by her mother and Tyler groaned as he stretched, a yawn escaping his lips.

Jenna searched through her drawers in the closet grabbing a bra and a shirt and throwing it on the bed to put on once she was done with the call. "Yeah, give me a second, mom—" she put the phone away from her ear. "Tyler, get dressed. I'm going to wear some of your sweatpants."

Tyler yawned one more time before sluggishly throwing the covers off of himself. Once he heard Jenna say bye he began his small reassuring rant. "You shouldn't be stressed about this. Your mom is totally fine with keeping her—" he looked at the clock, reading 9:30 PM. "Four hours longer..." he trailed off as he bit the inside of his lip.

Jenna nudged his bare shoulder. "Get up!"

"Calm down, I have a broken ankle." Tyler carefully placed his foot on the ground reaching for the crutches leaning against the bedside table.

"You better not start using that excuse to get out of things." Jenna put her shoes on, lifting Tyler's big sweatpants away from her foot so she could do so.

"Will you help me get dressed? I have a broken ankle." Tyler smiled smugly at his tease, and Jenna looked at him daringly. However, it didn't take long for that daring frown to turn into a smile.

"You are going to annoy me with that, aren't you?" She rolled her eyes, her smile growing bigger as she opened his drawer for some underwear and another pair of sweatpants. There was no way he would be able to get skinny jeans over his brace.

"I am." He nodded, a small smile on his lips. "I want a shirt." He added, and Jenna shook her head.

"Nuh-uh. I'm dressing you now." Jenna put the articles of clothing on his bed side. "Also, I don't feel like getting you a shirt right now. We need to hurry."

"Fair enough." He leaned himself on the bed as he carefully slid his clothes on.

◉‿◉

"Rosie!" Jenna squealed as she took her from her mother's arms. She kissed her cheek a couple times, Rosie giggling a small bit. "I missed you."

Tyler smiled at his daughter, who had her eyes wide open and awake. Great, they would be up all night again. However, they felt more rested than they had in a while. It would be okay. Tyler took her from Jenna's arms, leaning himself on the wall for support, so she could talk with her mom about more plans on babysitting and family events.

Tyler felt his butt pocket vibrate and he reached in to pull out his phone and answer the call. "Hello?"

"Hey!" Josh's voice came through the phone and Tyler's face lit up into a smile.

"Hey, man! Did you get my texts? I wasn't sure if you could since the service out there." Tyler adjusted Rosie closer to his chest so he could secure her with one hand.

"I did, and I just got off the boat."

Tyler furrowed his eyebrows, "It's February 14th already?"

Josh chuckled, "yeah, have you slept at all?"

"Yeah, we both slept after we got home from the doctor." Tyler looked down at his braced foot. He chuckled, "oh, you're going to love this story—"

"Let's go, baby." Jenna said quietly, noticing the phone pressed against his ear. She took Rosie form his hands so he could grab his crutches.

"Oh, hold on, Josh. I'll call you right back."

Tyler settled himself down in the back seat as Jenna buckled up Rosie beside him.

"I have to drop something off for my mom at the post-office." Jenna explained, holding up a envelope.

Tyler nodded as he pressed on Josh's contact. "Okay, I'm calling Josh." He lifted the phone to his ear. "He just got off the boat."

"Hey, bud. What about the doctor? Is everything okay?" Josh's worry was relevant.

Tyler nodded as if he could see him. "Yeah, everything is fine." Tyler continued to tell him the story.

"That's crazy. I didn't even know that was possible."

"Yeah, it hurt pretty bad. And Rosie woke up." As if just on cue Rosie began to cry, and Tyler scooted closer to pat her chest with his hand. "She's crying right now. Shhh"

"Tell her that uncle Josh can't wait to meet her."

"You can tell her when you get back from Florida." Tyler chuckled.

"Hey, so I got something I gotta tell you when I get back." Josh's tone of voice changed into a serious, quiet one. Tyler furrowed his brows.

"Everything alright, man?" Jenna looked through the rear view mirror when she heard that.

"I don't know. I'll tell you when we get back to Ohio in a few days."

"Okay."

◉‿◉

Ooooo what do you think happened??