𝗧𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝗡𝗶𝗻𝗲

I will add a header photo later. I am running out of edits for the headers so if you have any edits you want me to use, let me know where to find them and I will give credit.

Warnings: mentions sex

Words 1116

◉‿◉

Awake

"Don't worry about it. It's normal for your first. Just keep up with being healthy and I'll give you a pamphlet on how to speed up the process." The doctor explained, handing Jenna a pamphlet.

They were now at the doctors to check up on the baby. It was February 8th and Jenna was supposed to have her baby two days ago. It was a relief to know that it was normal.

The doctor left them to do some paperwork and they decided to look through the pamphlet.

Ways to speed up pregnancies

1. sex
2. spicy foods
3. long walks
4. warm baths

And many more that Jenna decided to skim over. "I guess we could try these. Maybe we can go to the mall and get some Mexican spicy food and walk around."

Tyler pointed to the first option. "Or we could have sex." He suggested, and Jenna giggled slapping his arm.

"I would love to, but I think we should use the day for other activities than sitting home."

Tyler was about to speak his argument about how it is actually productive, and the most effective choice when the doctor returned, cutting him off.

"Sex is most effective—"

"Ah-ha! I knew it." Tyler interrupted, snapping his fingers with a smile. Jenna and the doctor both looked at him, and he suddenly felt small. "I've... I've seen a friends episode." He murmured embarrassed.

"Well, you're right Mr. Joseph. Sex is most effective, but the other ones will work just as fine." The doctor nodded, and Tyler grew another smile. "Well, we're finished here. You can go and check out at the desk there."

Jenna climbed off of the bed, grabbing Tyler hand as they walked out. "To the mall we go."

"But—"

"No buts! I'm not sitting at home all day. I want to do something out of the house." Tyler sighed, but obliged, squeezing her hand softly.

◉‿◉

They walked slowly through the mall, side by side while they glanced around. Well, Jenna glanced around. Tyler was looking at his feet while he thought. He could've been holding a baby right now if the doctors were right about Jenna's due date. He could've been holding his daughter, to which she would already be named. He didn't really know a name. And honestly, he didn't care what they named their daughter. He didn't even know what she looked like or how she was. How are they supposed to figure out a name?

He didn't know his child yet. It sounded cruel but he hadn't really had any interest in even bonding with his daughter. Of course, he loved her to no end, and of course he wanted to bond with her. But he wanted to hold his child, not Jenna's belly. Tyler found it hard to bond over something he couldn't see. He wanted to see his child's face, and be able to scale out every detail from her small fingers to her tiny toes. He was so sure he'd love her at first sight. Just the thought of what she could look like made his heart flutter.

Jenna turned her attention to Tyler, nudging his hand. He instinctively wrapped his fingers around hers, his mind still wondering. "You okay?"

After a few seconds pause, Tyler nodded, glancing up towards her. "Yeah, I'm just tired. I think a lot when I'm tired."

Jenna hummed, nodding her head. "I heard you mumbling again last night."

Tyler furrowed his eyebrows, glancing between Jenna and his shoes. "What'd I say?"

"Well..."

Jenna opened her eyes to the sound of a moan. It was a sleepy moan, and she assumed Tyler was only mumbling incoherent words. She closed her eyes but kept her ears open to any sound. She had always tried to decipher Tyler's words because it gave her an idea of what he might've been dreaming about. Although lately all he had been mumbling was 'Nico,'  'Dema,'  'Josh,' and 'Clancy'

Although this time it was different. She actually got some sort of phrase out of him. "Cover me."

She at first thought he needed the blankets over him, but then he murmured something else and she realized that he didn't actually care about the sheets.

"Don't cover me. Cover her. She needs to warm up. Let her..." the words got too mumbled to understand after that.

"Oh..." Tyler bit the bottom of his lip. He remembered that part of the dream,

Tyler laid there with Jenna on his left. He had just been woken up to a rough cold breeze. Jenna was fast asleep with her back turned to him. It was nighttime and it was getting very cold out. Tyler had a tough time getting back to sleep from the cold, so he turned his head towards Jenna to see if she was doing okay.

He reach under her blanket to gently touch her arm, to which he retaliated quickly from how cold she was. She was so cold that it seemed like she had just gotten under her blanket. That's when he realized she was shaking. She didn't seem bothered by it; Her eyes were closed, and resting.

Tyler felt his blanket, the warmness of the yarn comforting him. He then took a deep breath, flinging the blanket off of him and over Jenna's shoulders.

'Cover her. She needs it more than you do. You can survive. Let her have the blanket.' He thought.

He then got up from his place and threw his jacket around himself. He looked through his bag before taking out the compass and staring at it for a little bit. He turned every which way. He even stepped outside of the rusted building to take a glance at what each way looked like. If they decided to go inside the trench, that would be East. That's what he planned on doing. He hoped to find Josh and the other runners somewhere around there. The small grassy trail, made by what seemed like thousands of feet, was headed towards the trench. That's what Tyler was using as a map.

"Tyler?" Jenna nudged him, and he looked at her and lifted his brows. "What did you mean by cover me? What were you dreaming about?"

As they approached a bench, Tyler sat down and he thought of a response. He wanted to tell her the truth, however he wanted to give her a narrow summary of it. "Well," he began, shrugging his shoulder slightly. "It was a cold night. You were cold, so I gave you my blanket."

"Oh..." Jenna nodded, looking down at her belly. "I would've done the same for you."

◉‿◉

We getting close to some drama :)