𝗦𝗶𝘅𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

Warnings: none

Warnings: none.

Another long chapter for you all!

Words 1722

◉‿◉

Awake

Tyler flipped through his notebook quickly, searching for an empty page he could use.

"The map, the map, the map." He repeated to himself as he ripped the page from his book and grabbed a pencil, quickly sketching out a circle.

He looked up to his computer monitor, looking around as if it would help him search his memory. He then furrowed his eyebrows in concentration as he began easily, and neatly, sketching out the map of dema from his dream. He knew it wouldn't look exactly like it, but he had to try to remember.

He flipped his pencil around, roughly swiping the pink eraser onto the page, deleting the things that didn't seem to fit right. "Alright." He mumbled, holding the piece of paper up in front of him to get the full view.

He smiled softly at his work, feeling proud that he at least remembered the basic shape and location of the map.

He then set it aside, sliding another empty page in front of his face. He guided his hand to the top of the page, swiftly writing the title to his next project.

"The World of Dema"

"I don't remember most of what happens in these dreams, yet I know they are connected as if it was a different reality. Every time I dream I feel as though I'm living another life. However, I still have my beautiful wife and child.
Although the memories of these dreams are hard to come by, I find myself remembering the most important parts with ease. Since I don't know the whole story until I shut my eyes, I will only give you the gist of it.
As I mentioned, I still have my wife; Jenna is still with me inside my dreams. No feature from her body is different in these dreams; She's still pregnant. However, she is more confident than her real life self. She seems to be how I wish she was, confident in herself, and loving of herself; she seems fearless.
Another detail of the dream that doesn't seem far off from reality is Josh. Although I haven't actually seen him in my dream— from what I can remember— I've thought of him as a best friend since childbirth. The difference in Josh is that, he's missing. He seemed to have escaped from the clutches of the wretched Dema.
My goal in the dream seems to be to follow Josh out of the gates of Dema. However, dream state or not, I am not leaving my child to grow up in a place like that. So, whether I escape or not, Jenna will be beside me."

Tyler then nodded, biting the inside of his lip in thought. He didn't know why he was taking this so seriously, it wasn't like dema was real or anything. However, he felt as though his whole life depended on it. Like he said, he felt like his dream had some sort of reality to it. I mean, who has the same reoccurring dream every time they shut their eyelids? Maybe he had to escape dema before he could move on from the dream.