𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗘𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁

—  I will add a header photo later. I am running out of edits for the headers so if you have any edits you want me to use, let me know where to find them and I will give credit.

Warnings: none

Warnings: none

Words 1054

Asleep

"No," Tyler shook his head, sitting up in the bed. "That's not true. We escaped together. She would never do that."

"Ty..." Hayley tried, although Tyler was quick to snap back.

"Stop calling me that." He lifted the covers off of him, carefully putting his bandaged foot on the ground. Hayley let him do what he wanted, knowing he wouldn't get that far without the crutches she was going to give him.

He stood on his healthy foot, using his hands to grab onto things. "Where's my daughter? She better be taken care of. I want her with me." His voice was serious and aggressive.

"Ty, just sit-"

"I told you to stop calling me that!" He shouted, banging his fist onto one of the counters, medical tools flying onto the floor loudly. Hayley jumped, lifting her shoulders. "Take me to my daughter."

"She's with Clancy-"

"Clancy?" Tyler stepped over all of the mess, eagerly getting closer to her to get answers.  He winced and fell when his hurt ankle touched the ground roughly. Hayley grabbed his arm to help him up.

"Tyler... I need you to stay calm. I'm going to get you crutches and then I'll take you to your baby."

"I want my wife to be there." Tyler demanded, as Hayley helped him on the cot. She sighed as she searched through a huge chest, before taking out two wooden crutches and putting them together.

"She can't leave the cell until the hunters get back with food. Once everyone is here we'll have the trial." She set the crutches up for him.

"Trial? What exactly are you going to do to her? She did nothing wrong!" He aggressively adjusted himself onto the crutches and began to head for the tent's entrance. He was mad. He didn't bring his family all the way here to be taken ahold of, just as if they were back in dema. He came out here to be free not to switch through dictators.

"Calm down, Tyler. I'll take you to your daughter, but you can't see Jenna yet. I promise, once everyone is here we'll talk about it. All three leaders need to be at the trial."

Tyler stopped, turning around slowly and furrowing his eyebrows. "Who are the leaders?"

Hayley slouched her shoulders, giving him a small frown. "I can't tell you yet. Let me take you to your baby."

◉‿◉

Tyler rushed over to Clancy, who he used to be interested in knowing who he was, but now not so much. He snatched his baby from his hands to hold her close, leaning himself on a long wooden table that looks like a meeting room table. He brushed a bit of black dirt from her forehead with his thumb before pressing her closer to his chest. Tyler looked up, giving Clancy the time to speak. He had his baby, now he was willing to participate in whatever they had to say.

"I'm sorry— Tyler, is it?" He asked, and Tyler nodded blankly. "Listen, I am really sorry for taking you guys without permission. It was difficult to fill you in on what was happening when Nico was there. We prefer to stay as far away from the bishops as we can during a rescue mission."

"Recuse mission?" Tyler scowled, "you call locking people up a rescue mission?" He flung one of his arms up, before quickly bringing it back down to Rosie's care once she let out a small whine. He looked down to check on her with a soft expression before looking back up.

"No, Tyler. She violated our number one rule." He spoke up, straightening himself as Tyler limped closer.

"She doesn't even know your rules!" He shouted, Rosie letting out a loud wale. He calmed down, shaking his head as he looked at his baby. He let his hip fall onto the table again, leaning his weight against the wooden side. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry." He said quietly, unsure of what to do to stop her. It was his first baby of course he was oblivious on how to handle her. She needed her mother. He held her up to his shoulder, patting her back as he swayed.

Clancy waited patiently for Rosie's cries to subside before speaking again, "Maybe we should talk about this later, Tyler. We have to wait for my cousin to get back. He's one of the leaders. We need him with us."

Tyler sighed, "why are you keep telling me about these leaders? I thought we were all supposed to be free to live as we please."

"Yes, but there are some who are only here to lead Nico and the niners to our camp. We need rules to keep that from happening, therefore we need a few leaders to make the decisions when someone breaks them."

"Who are the leaders?" Tyler asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Well, I am the head leader of the camp. I mostly plan the rescue missions and hunting days. I lead the rescue missions and send people out to search around and find people who need help. We have been scouting you for a few days now." Clancy nodded towards Tyler before walking over to Hayley, "Hayley is the head medical nurse. She sorts out how many nurses get to tag along to each search party for if someone gets harmed." He stepped closer to Tyler, and Tyler hugged his baby closer. "My cousin, Josh, is the leader of hunting. He decides how many troops go out for food and where." Tyler's lips parted, a look of shock on his pretty face. He knew Josh wasn't dead but he didn't think he would find out this way. "We're waiting for him to come back from a hunt now. I'm sure you'll be happy to see him. As will he." Clancy smiled softly, "I've heard a lot about you, Tyler. You really are his best friend."

◉‿◉

This book is about to get exciting yay!

Also my friend asked me about my book and he was like "so what's it about." So without saying it's about twenty one pilots I gave him the gist of it and he was like "I can't wait to read it. That actually sounds cool!" And he sounded really shocked. I was like "lol no"