𝗙𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗢𝗻𝗲

I will add a header photo later. I am running out of edits for the headers so if you have any edits you want me to use, let me know where to find them and I will give credit.

Warnings: none

Warnings: none

Words 900

• Awake

"Rosie Joseph! I swear if you do not stop screaming-" Tyler turned to the window, "I'm sorry, it's my daughter. She's in the back. I would like a spicy chicken sandwich and a six count chicken nugget." He spoke over Rosie's crying in the back.

"Alright. $8.57. Just pull up to the second window." She sounded distasteful.

Tyler sighed, slowly rolling his car up to the window. Rosie's screams only increased, and Tyler hoped he could get out of that drive thru fast so he could park and figure out what the hell she was crying about. It was difficult to care for a baby without it's mother. Jenna was currently sleeping, and she suggested for him to stay home with Rosie, but he was starving. He decided to drive down the road to the nearest Wendy's. He thought she would like the car ride, anyways. She seemed totally fine with car rides when momma was in the car.

Not this time.

As the lady giving Tyler his food slid the window open, she slightly cringed at the high pitched whining. "I'm sorry. That's my daughter." Tyler assured, quickly handing her the money.

Immediately once he was back on the road he pulled into a parking lot so he could care for Ro.

He opened her door, unclipping her car seat and pulling her up into his arms. He looked around to see if anyone was watching before beginning to bounce with her to calm her down. "Rosie baby, she's my girl McGyver. Out of all the people she's in my top fiver. Right behind Gimili, Legolas, and Strider. Rosie baby, your mommy's number one." Tyler mumbled to where it was almost incoherent. It wasn't like Rosie could understand him anyways.

She immediately calmed down, her head rested on his shoulder. He found that the song he wrote was what calmed Rosie the most. He smiled softly. "I need to get you home to mommy so you need to behave for just three more minutes, alright?" Tyler waited, as if he was waiting to hear her response. "Okay, I love you. I'm going to put you down now so I can drive us home."

He put her back in her car seat, making sure she was safe and secure before getting in the drivers seat and continuing home.

She didn't cry all the way home.

◉‿◉

As Tyler arrived home, Jenna was cleaning up around the house. She seemed to have done that a lot more since Rosie was born. Something about making sure the house was perfect for Rosie; Tyler was sure there was some sort of motherly instinct involved. You know, how birds make their nests for their chicks.

He hung his coat on the hanger, holding Rosie as if she was a sub from subway, before hoisting her up into both of his arms and making his way towards the kitchen where he heard two girls talking.

Maybe Josh and Debby stopped by. They came home yesterday from Florida, and now he was here to tell them the big news that was honestly bothering Tyler a bit.

He wondered if it was good or bad news. On the phone Josh didn't sound too excited. The answers were revealed once he entered the kitchen to see Debby blowing her nose with a tissue and Jenna rubbing her back.

"It's okay. You can try again." Jenna assured, both of their backs were turned from Tyler, so Tyler stayed quiet.

"I just- I got so excited, and I could've sworn it was going to be a boy." Debby took in a shaky breath.

Tyler's lips parted as he finally realized. Rosie let out a gurgle of happiness once Tyler looked down at her. He looked up to see both of them looking at him.

He felt obligated to speak, so he did."I'm sorry."

Debby nodded, and then shook her head as she put her face in her hands. Jenna left her alone, grabbing Rosie from Tyler. "Josh left a few minutes ago to drop Mark off at his parents. Once he gets back we're having dinner."

Tyler nodded, furrowing his eyebrows at Jenna before pointedly looking at Debby, who was now drawing invisible indents on the counter with her finger. "Is she alright?"

Jenna nodded, turning to look at her for a split second before turning back to Tyler to avoid being rude. "Yeah, she'll be fine."

Jenna then passed Tyler, taking a sleepy looking Rosie up the stairs to put her to sleep.

Tyler sighed, walking over and sitting next to Debby. Although Tyler wasn't too close to Debby, he still had known her since he was 17. She had been a friend to his wife, and a wife to his best friend. She was apart of his family.

Debby looked over at him, a small smile forming on her lips. "I haven't seen Rosie yet."

Tyler nodded, humming slightly. "Yeah, we just put her to bed actually. You can go up there and see her if you want."

Debby nodded, the small smile forming into a grin as she got up from the stool and followed Tyler upstairs to where Jenna was.

Although Debby was heartbroken about her miscarriage she certainly was going to talk to Josh about trying again soon. She loved kids, she hoped someday she'll have one to call her own.