𝗧𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝗧𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲

I will add a header photo later. I am running out of edits for the headers so if you have any edits you want me to use, let me know where to find them and I will give credit.

Warnings: none

Warnings: none

Words 766

◉‿◉

Awake

"What are you doing in here?" Jenna called from the top of the basement steps. She didn't really want to walk all the way down there. She leaned the side of her face on the door frame as she listened.

Tyler didn't answer for a few moments, "I'm writing." He called back up, however he seemed occupied.

Jenna sighed, wobbling herself down the creaking steps. "Do you want me to make you something to eat?"

Tyler shook his head, his hand guiding his pencil over his page. He took long strokes, which showed Jenna he wasn't writing anything. He was sketching.

Jenna walked up behind him, placing her hands on her hips as she examined his work so far. "I didn't know you liked drawing."

Tyler shrugged, the pencil's eraser being placed in between his teeth. Jenna wrapped her arms around his shoulders, kissing his cheek. "Will you leave me to do this please?" Tyler asked, turning his head towards Jenna, who rested her chin on his shoulder.

She released him, placing her hand on the top of her belly. "Yeah, of course. I'm going to make you something to eat anyways because I know how you are. You forget to eat when you're down here."

Tyler nodded as he saw her leave from the corner of his eye. "I love you." He called as he quickly finished up the small sketch.

The stairs creaked as she traveled up, "love you too."

Tyler set down his pencil, holding out the page in front of him to examine.

He trailed his eyes on the sidewalk that he remembered vividly pulling Jenna along with him to the headcount

He trailed his eyes on the sidewalk that he remembered vividly pulling Jenna along with him to the headcount. A ten minute long walk looked shorter when it was drawn on paper, of course. He then shifted his eyes to the right where a chain linked fence blocked off an unruly mysterious patch of land. In the middle of the rats nest of grass was where a power pole shot up into the sky, somehow powering the city.

He then examined the left side of his rough sketch. That side of the sidewalk had a run down cracked road that was never used. There were no cars in dema, at least in his lifetime. And beside the cracked road it was sand. The sand traveled all the way to the dema wall which was out of sight from the sidewalk due to the distance.

Tyler placed his pencil onto the sidewalk, slowly guiding it towards the left; towards the wall. The pencil passed the graveyard that outlined the wall until he finally settled his pencil beside the vultures perch. He then drew a little square up against the wall, and then up above it he titled it "escape."

He double outlined it before setting his pencil down and smiling softly. He placed it aside, grabbing lined paper and tilting his notebook slightly so it would be easier to write.

dema equipment for escape plan

we'll begin with packing useful items. I don't know what's outside of the gates, and I would rather be prepared for anything than be limited.

Bring any type of bandages, medicines, or cloths/blankets we might need. If we don't find Josh and Clancy soon then I would have to help Jenna give birth by myself.

Tyler cringed at the thought, but reminded himself it was only a dream.

Save up plenty of water. Jenna will need her thirst quenched more frequently than I.

Food is a priority. Loaves of bread is essential. Again, Jenna needs this more than I.

Only I will be carrying this equipment. Jenna will be carrying her own body weight and the baby once it's born.

dema escape plan

Tyler looked up at the rough sketch of his small map, trailing his eyes with the pencil mark towards the trapdoor.

Begin with walking into the graveyard, bending over as if visiting a family member. That is when we will apply the tape to our shoulders, and I'm also going to apply some to my backpack.

After this, we will stay close together. Her hand will not leave mine until we are perfectly safe outside the gates.

We will carefully drop into the dip, unlatching the trapdoor and quickly following through. Hopefully, unnoticed.

If the  plan goes wrong in any way, we keep going until we're caught. We're already nose deep in this anyways.

The sewage tunnels are foreign to me, which scares me. Hopefully it's safe enough to take it easy. Hopefully it's quiet enough to stay invisible.

Hopefully we can hide if we need to.

◉‿◉

This is more of a filler than anything, I wanted you to get familiar with their plan so you understand what's going on when it happens.