𝗙𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆

Warnings: none

Warnings: none.

Words 2193

Asleep

Finally

Once Tyler had finally gotten up the hill to the camp, he was greeted with thousands of cheers and he confusingly looked around to see all of the camp in front of him, clapping.

"Thank you?" Tyler questioned confusingly, sweat dripping from his temple. What exactly did he do? He didn't know. Maybe he saved the world or something while he was climbing the mountain with crutches. It definitely felt like it.

Clancy stepped out from the crowd carrying a yellow bandanna and a greenish jacket with an FPE Patch, a Compass patch, some sort of Vulture patch, and then an odd fork looking patch.

He immediately recognized the FPE patch as the failed perimeter escape punishment. He wondered why it was worn on the jacket so proudly.

"Welcome to the banditos, Tyler. We're glad to have you and your family." Clancy explained, patting him on the back. Tyler just smiled at him awkwardly, still quite confused.

Everyone cheered again before going off to mind their own business.

Josh then came from behind Clancy, wrapping his arm around Tyler. "Hey, man. Lighten up. This is your welcome home ceremony."

Josh lead him towards the bonfire where everyone was sitting down talking and drinking from their water containers. Tyler wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't actually water. "What? Is this like a party or somethin'?"

"Yeah, bud. Like I said, it's for you and your family!"

"Speaking of family, where is mine? I've thought about what you said and I wanna talk to her."

Josh shrugged, "I'm not sure. We gave her her jacket and bandanna like thirty minutes ago." Tyler just nodded as he looked around at all the people. Although there was no loud music, it was still very difficult to hear anything. Chatting was everywhere.

Tyler soon noticed that Josh was gone from beside him, and he was now talking with this brunette girl he saw him talking to that morning. It was now roughly noon, from what Tyler could tell by the sun. Maybe even the afternoon. He wouldn't be surprised if it took him a few hours to climb that mountain. He should've thought about the consequences before following Josh down to the creek.

"Hey, Tyler." A feminine voice said from behind him and he turned around to find Hayley smiling. "Welcome to the banditos."

"Why is everyone saying that? What's banditos?" Tyler questioned genuinely, and Hayley let out a small laugh.

"That's what we call ourselves, silly. I don't like calling ourselves a tribe, but I guess you could say it's our tribe name."

Tyler furrowed his eyebrows, "what does it mean?"