𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗧𝘄𝗼

—  I will add a header photo later. I am running out of edits for the headers so if you have any edits you want me to use, let me know where to find them and I will give credit.

 I am running out of edits for the headers so if you have any edits you want me to use, let me know where to find them and I will give credit

Warnings: none

Words 763

Awake

Two days later

"She's so quiet and nice." Tyler whispered as he watched Jenna breastfeed.

"I know. I'm pretty sure she's only cried once." Jenna smiled tiredly. She still hadn't gotten the sleep she wanted, only because the fact she had someone to take care of ruined it for her. Rosie was a very good child— at least so far. She was quiet, and almost always asleep. She was a very chill baby.

"Do you need me to do anything for you?" Tyler was gentle with his words as if he would start an earthquake if he was any louder. Jenna shook her head. Deciding she's finished drinking, Rosie stretched herself.

Jenna adjusted Rosie before nodding her head. "Actually yes, take Rosie while I make us something to eat."

Tyler nodded, carefully engulfing Rosie into his arms. A smile formed on his lips again as he leaned his head back against the couch. He was so exhausted, but he didn't want to sleep without Jenna next to him. Not only because he wanted her with him as he slept, but because he couldn't help her if he was asleep. Once they got their family figured out then he'll sleep.

As he shut his eyes for a mere second the sound of crying made him jump. He looked down to see Rosie's small features. She was crying loudly, and it didn't take long for Jenna to be beside him, wondering what's wrong.

"I don't know, does she want you?" Tyler asked, and Jenna grabbed Rosie quickly but gently as she began to rock her. That didn't help though. She only cried louder.

"Okay, see if she needs to be changed." Jenna quickly handed her to Tyler as she dashed back into the kitchen to tend for the sauce on the burner. She didn't want it to burn and she could already hear a faint sizzle.

Tyler lifted his eyebrows, before sighing. "I didn't know that was my job." He called.

"Well, it's really all you can do, Ty. Just do it." Tyler could hear the frustration in her voice. He didn't blame her. The high frequency whines coming from Rosie somehow made him uneasy too. He felt like ripping out all of his hair at once. He just needed it to stop.

Tyler bolted upstairs into the baby room, putting her on the changing station and opening up her used diaper. He cringed, and folded it neatly into itself, holding it by the corner as little as possible.

He took some wet wipes and wiped her down, her arms flailing and her voice screaming loudly. "Okay, Ro. Calm down."

He put her in another diaper before picking her up and rocking her. Bouncing his knees. "Shhh... Ro. It's okay."

Rosie calmed down the slightest bit, however, she was still crying. He patted her back, dancing her around the baby room.

He began to hum a nursery rhyme until she finally calmed down at his voice and the vibrations of his chest against her cheek. He smiled, and sighed in relief at the peacefulness.

He brought her back downstairs, still humming softly to her. When he arrived back to the living room Jenna was already setting up TV trays close to the tv.

"What is this for?" Tyler asked curiously as he sat down carefully.

"It's so we can watch a movie together." Jenna smiled, walking back into the kitchen to retrieve spaghetti with steak chunks on top.

"Since when do we watch movies while we eat?"

"Since now." Jenna grabbed the controller as she spoke. "We have to start having family time every night. At least the nights we can so then Rosie feels like we love her."

"Honey, she just came home today." Tyler explained sweetly.

"I know, and it's better to start now than later." Jenna sighed, glancing through the movies on Netflix.

Tyler shrugged, looking down to see Rosie wide awake and smiling. He smiled down at her, and she gurgled and reached up to touch him. "Oh my god, Jenna, look!"

Jenna turned her head and as soon as her eyes landed on Rosie they lit up in excitement. "Aw, I haven't seen her so awake before." She inched closer to touch her face. "Oh, baby." She cooed and Rosie stretched her arms.

"Wait, before we start the movie and eat we should make a video." Tyler whispered, glancing up to Jenna who's face was up against his shoulder. "You know, for our other children out there— which I mean the clique."

Jenna smiled softly, "okay."