𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗙𝗼𝘂𝗿

I will add a header photo later. I am running out of edits for the headers so if you have any edits you want me to use, let me know where to find them and I will give credit. (Yep, still doin this message haha)

 (Yep, still doin this message haha)

Warnings: none

Words 1085

Awake

Tyler stretched his arms as a yawn escaped his pink lips. He licked them as he looked around, letting his mind warm up to his surroundings. The beautiful accent brick wall on the left of him, with a perfect sized window to let in some sun. The thin white see through curtains were covering it though. He then looked at the grey walls, and the bathroom door a few feet from the foot of the bed. The crib up against the foot of the bed was empty, and so was Jenna's spot.

He stretched his arms as he yawned, the sound of the television downstairs making it's way through his ears.

He sniffled as he sluggishly got himself out of bed, scratching his head.

He brushed his teeth, put on some pajama shorts— because he felt too lazy to put some actual skinny jeans on,— and headed downstairs.

The smell and sound of sizzling bacon made a smile creep to his face as he approached the kitchen island. Jenna turned around, and had Rosie bound up in a plaid bed sheet. Tyler smirked at her cleverness. "How'd you get her to stop crying last night?"

Jenna sighed, rubbing her eyes as she plopped three pieces of bacon and a scoop of eggs on Tyler's plate. "I didn't. I just took her downstairs." She yawned, turning back around to finish her own plate.

Tyler furrowed his eyebrows, guilt teasing his stomach. "Honey, you could've called me. I'm a night owl anyways."

Jenna shut her eyes as she shook her head, placing her plate down and then unwinding Rosie and sitting her in a high chair. She hummed a no, "It's okay. She's quiet now that she's tired." She climbed into her seat beside Tyler.

Tyler placed his hand on her knee. "Okay, but I'm taking her tonight. You need sleep."

Jenna nodded, another yawn escaping her lips. She ate a piece of her bacon. "I know you said you didn't want to plan anything for February but the family wants to see Rosie. I invited them over for tonight. They also could provide some extra help." She changed the subject.

"Oh, okay. That's a good idea. You should get some rest before then though. I'll watch Rosie while you sleep." Tyler offered, and Jenna sighed.

"I don't think I'll be able to sleep. I feel like I have so many things I have to do."

"And I'll do them for you. At least try?"

Jenna hesitated before nodding, finishing up her bacon and moving on to her eggs. Rosie let out a whine, which quickly turned into cries. Jenna slouched down, rolling her eyes. She slowly got up but before she could do anything, Tyler was putting his hand on her forearm to stop her. He got up himself, walking over and picking up Rosie.

He held her up to check her diaper before nodding, his nose scrunching up slightly. "she needs to be changed." He then hugged her close to him as he walked up the stairs towards the baby room.

Jenna smiled lightly, relief washing over her. She didn't think being away from Rosie would help so much, but she definitely felt like she could sleep a few hours. Hell, if Tyler would let her, she could sleep for a week without even stirring. But she knew she couldn't do that to him.

Another yawn escaped her lips as she shut her eyes for a second. She still had to clean up the house for the guests. She let out a small whine before opening her eyes again. Tyler was in front of her, his eyebrows lifted as if telling her to explain. He didn't have Rosie in his arms.

"Where's Rosie?"

"She drifted off while I was changing her, which I award her for because I don't think if I was being changed I would be able to sleep." He squinted his eyes as if he had been thinking about it for a while now. He quickly hopped out of his mind, his eyebrows lifting once more. "You wanna hit the couch?"

Jenna slouched, sighing. "Ty, no. I'm tired and I have to pick up the house before tonight." She flung her arms up as she looked around at the dirty chaotic house. A few days with a child really changed her plans of keeping the house clean.

"Yeah, which is why you're hitting the couch so you can sleep." He clarified. He scoffed playfully, a smile taking his lips. "What else could I have meant?" Jenna hung her head as she looked at him annoyed, although it wasn't him she was annoyed with, it was her own inability to sleep. He relaxed, his face dropping into a serious but caring expression. "Just sit down for a while, alright? Whatever you need done, i'll do it." Jenna still looked worried, her brows furrowed together. "I mean, I might as well repay you for letting me sleep last night." He added.

Jenna sighed, letting her head fall onto Tyler's shoulder. "I just don't want to leave her alone." She murmured, "I mean, I don't want to do something wrong, and I don't want something to happen to her or something. And I feel really emotional because I'm tired and I can't think right." She rambled, and Tyler rubbed his hands on her back.

He waited patiently for her to stop, before speaking in a hush soothing tone. "My point still stands that you're tired. You had a baby a few days ago, yet you still haven't slept." He pulled her off of his shoulder to look at her. "So, how about after you sleep for at least a hour, we talk about this?" Jenna nodded, glancing over to the couch before shifting back to Tyler. He nodded his head over to the couch, urging her to go lay down. She did so, laying down with a small half smile on her face from the feeling of the cushions. "Okay, so you're gonna hate me for this. But..." Jenna's smile vanished and she looked at him expectantly. "The house literally looks clean to me, so..." he looked around, before scratching his head. "Where do I start?"

Jenna rolled her eyes, sighing as she shut her eyes. "Just pick up everything." She mumbled.

Tyler nodded, looking around once more. "Right..." he whispered to himself, as he looked at the spotless living room floor. He bit his inner lip.

"Right..."

◉‿◉

Happy friday!!