𝗘𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁

Header photo credit: JishJosephh

◉‿◉

Warnings: profanity

Warnings: profanity

Words 1260

◉‿◉

• Asleep •

"Did you hear who tried to escape last night?" Mark said, walking up beside Tyler as they walked down the gravestone factory in his grayish work jumpsuit.

"No, who?" Tyler glanced over at Mark, and Mark stopped in his tracks, his face becoming pale.

Mark frowned, "Tyler, maybe you should sit down." Tyler twisted around with confusion on his face, but obliged, pushing Mark into his office and sitting on his office chair, vacant of any wheels.

"Who tried to escape?"

Mark sighed, crossing his arms as he stared at Tyler with sympathy. "Josh did, Tyler. And we haven't seen him since."

Tyler leaned back in his chair. "How do you know it was Josh?"

"Because everyone has already searched for the FPE badge, and can't find anyone with it. And no one has even seen Josh this morning." Mark crossed his arms, leaning against Tyler's desk. Tyler shook his head, trying to wrap his mind around this idea.

"So, you're assuming that Josh didn't get an FPE badge and burn and just, what? They killed him?"

Mark sighed, looking down and shrugging his shoulders. "It's happened before. But some people are theorizing that he actually did escape and the speakers said FPE so the people wouldn't think he escaped. But I feel like that's far fetched and they're just trying to find the hope in the matter."

Tyler felt a dull pain shoot through his chest at the realization that Josh could very well be gone. But it was only a dull pain because honestly it was terrible to assume, and he could just be sleeping in from work. "I guess we'll find out at the Head Count next week."

Mark nodded, looking behind him. "I should really get to work."

Tyler smiled softly, watching as Mark turned around and left his office for one of the work stations just outside his office.

All the men in the city worked at a gravestone/casket factory. That's all any of the men did; they'd make caskets and gravestones as professional and well made as they possibly could to respect the dead.

Sadly, most of the gravestones would get ruined by the glowing neon that the bishops outlined it with.

All the women in the city would have small shops for bread or groceries, some even had cupcake shops. Jenna worked at a bakery, making bread with fluffy dough to lighten everyone's spirits.