𝗘𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

Warnings: dark

Warnings: dark.

Words 678

◉‿◉

Asleep

The yellow tape ripped making a loud thud noise as Tyler unstuck it from itself. He ripped a small sliver of the tape from the roll, sticking it onto the top of his left shoulder. "Will you get the other one?" Tyler asked Jenna, and she nodded coating his right shoulder with a strip of tape.

"Do you think this is going to be enough tape?" Jenna leaned herself against the yellow tile of the shower. They weren't taking a shower, they were just hanging out in there for privacy while they planned their escape.

Tyler shrugged, "I don't know. That's why we're testing." He then twisted around, stepping out of the shower.

"How will you know if they don't see you?"

"They probably won't look at me if they don't see me, babe." Tyler chuckled.

"You're right. That was a stupid question." Jenna shook her head, her cheeks rising in color.

Tyler's teasing grin never left his face as he headed for the door. "I'll be back in a bit."

Tyler pulled the door open, the sunlight not failing to welcome him. He stepped out, looking around for any sign of a wandering watcher. He had to still be secretive, because the bishops could very well see yellow, at least Tyler believed they could.

As he walked down the halls he saw three watchers marching quickly through the small room. They seemed as though they were on a mission, and Tyler quickly dashed behind a wall instinctively as if they were there to catch him. His heart raced as he saw them pass by in a march, heading quickly towards an apartment door.

Tyler furrowed his eyebrows as he saw the watchers knock fiercely on apartment 11. That was one of Jenna's friend's, Rebecca's house. She was also pregnant, although she was a little bit ahead of Jenna.

He stepped closer as he saw the door open slowly, and the watchers march in swiftly. He heard Rebecca scream at the watchers to get out of her house, but they didn't listen.

"He's asleep! Don't wake him up." Rebecca demanded, which confused Tyler. He stepped closer, peering into the room to see the unfazed watchers marching out with a baby in their hands. It didn't take long for the newborn to wail.

Rebecca tried to follow them but a watcher held her back, and with his robotic unsympathetic voice he said, "it'll be okay. Relax."

And like a shadow in the nighttime, they slithered away towards the tower with the baby. Exactly how Nico explained would happen.

It took Tyler a few minutes to move. He felt as though he couldn't, because the mere thought of that being himself, fighting to keep his baby, was enough to make him weak in the knees.

He took a deep breath, reminding himself of the mission he had. He needed full proof of his invisibility to the watchers. He bit his lips in thought as he turned to face down the opposite side of the hall towards Josh's unused house.

He then thought of the watcher that seemed to stare him down every time he approached the door. The watcher spotting him from Dema Tower.

He would go there and see if he was there. If he doesn't look his way then he has his proof.

Some people might think that isn't enough proof, but if you lived in dema and saw how many details the watchers could catch you would agree that it is plenty of proof. At least for now.

And as Tyler suspected as he approached the door the watcher made no glance near him. It seemed to be quietly looking around at the trees and leaves as if Tyler wasn't even there.

A smile took his face as he felt overjoyed. He chuckled lightly as he turned around to head back home.

The only thing left in the plan was finding where they could escape, which was the hard part.

◉‿◉

Honestly this was more of a filler than anything.