𝗡𝗶𝗻𝗲

Warnings: dramatic

Warnings: dramatic

Sorry it's so late! I almost forgot to post :(

Words 999

◉‿◉

Awake

"Tyler, careful. Maybe I should drive." Jenna placed her hand on his forearm as he reached for the driver's door handle.

"What? I can drive. It's not like I suddenly forgot how to drive." He pulled the latch, opening the door. "Get in the passenger's seat."

Jenna stood her ground. "Tyler, you were in a car wreck." She said sternly, "you get in the passenger's seat."

Tyler's eyebrows softened, however he was quite shocked with her attempt to be stern. Tyler groaned as he released the car door handle and lazily carried his body over to the passenger side in some sort of pout. "It's like a ten minute drive." Tyler whined.

"Yeah, and the pharmacy was five. I refuse to let you be reckless." Jenna started the engine and Tyler chuckled lightly. Jenna shot him a look.

"What? You said reckless; that was a good one." He saw the lack of humor in her eyes, so he dropped his smile and looked out the window.

Yeah, Jenna might have been hard on him, but she had a reason to be. She didn't want to lose him in a wreck like her brother. She was on the phone with Tyler when he crashed, and she had never been more terrified.

Jenna hated the fact that there was nothing she could do. She couldn't call the police because she didn't want to hang up on Tyler, and she couldn't go to him because the car was with him.

The only option she seemed to think of was to stay on the line until someone found his phone, which luckily wasn't too long. She had never been so stressed in her life, and she honestly didn't know what she would do if he was actually gone.

So, yes. She had a reason to be hard on Tyler, because he apparently didn't know what she went through. And apparently he didn't know how terrifying it would be if he died.

"Wait, who's car is this?" Tyler asked as he rubbed his hand over the bottom of the window.

"It's a rental until we can get a new car."

"Oh, great. I wanted to get a truck anyways." Tyler smiled, leaning his head back on the head rest.

Jenna partly smiled, "want me to stop at Taco Bell?"

Tyler scoffed, "when has it ever been a no?"

◉‿◉

"I still don't understand why a woman could be attracted to a bee." Tyler criticized as he flung his arms up. They had just finished the bee movie.

"Shhh, don't be annoyed by every single detail of the movie." Jenna replied, shutting off the TV. "I'm tired, and I plan on actually sleeping tonight, so you do whatever." Jenna lifted herself from the couch, Tyler flinging himself with her.

"No, I'm tired too." Tyler wrapped his arm around her shoulder, rubbing it lovingly.

Once they entered their room they climbed in bed and spooned. It seemed to be the only comfortable position for the couple at the moment.

It was quiet, the only sound in the room was the crickets from outside due to the window being open. Jenna decided to talk as quietly as possible to not disturb the peace. "I might have nightmares tonight."

Tyler let out a hum as his eyebrows furrowed together. "Mm-Why?" He mumbled.

Jenna took a deep breath, a yawn escaping her lips. "I don't know, it was traumatizing hearing you crash."

Tyler puckered his lips in a questionable expression. "What do you mean you heard me?"

Jenna turned her head to look up, and Tyler lifted his head to look down at her. "I called you remember?" Jenna felt her chest burn with guilt as she mumbled softly, "that's why you crashed."

Tyler's furrowed eyebrows softened. "I knew that we were on the phone, but- I don't know- I didn't realize you had heard."

Jenna felt a lump form in her throat, and it was noticeable by the small croak in her voice. "I stayed on the line at least 20 minutes waiting for someone to find you because there was nothing I could do." Jenna sniffled, "for all I knew you could've been dead."

Tyler stared at Jenna for a long time, his eyes glancing around every once and a while as he tried to grasp around the story she told him, and exactly what to say back. "I'm not dead, and I'm not dying anytime soon either." He mumbled.

Jenna nodded, "I know, so tell me that you won't be reckless anymore. Tell me that you'll be careful."

"I will. I won't be reckless and I will be careful." Tyler kept his eyes glued to hers letting her know he was serious. "Why would I not try to be careful? Do you think I don't think about what you would feel if I died? Because I do. I know you'd be heartbroken. And I know you would struggle to take care of our daughter alone, but I won't let that happen, okay?" Jenna nodded, a frown on her face. Tyler swung down giving her a peck on the lips. "Smile, baby." He enthused in a rhythmic tone, a huge smile teasing his lips.

Jenna let out a breath as her frown turned upside down. She rolled her eyes teasingly. "I love you." She mumbled, and again Tyler swooped down giving her a kiss. However, this one was longer, moving their lips over each other's.

Tyler released, licking his lips afterward. He hummed, "that was a good one."

Jenna chuckled. "I'm really tired, Ty." Jenna said, closing her eyes slowly before opening them again.

Tyler yawned, resting his head back down behind her's. "Go to sleep then. Try not to have nightmares."

Jenna nodded, "I'll try not to." She closed her eyes, smiling at the feeling of Tyler rubbing his hand at the bottom of her belly, something he loved to do once her belly got big enough.

After a few long minutes they had both drifted off into a deep sleep.

◉‿◉

Ugh I hated this chapter so much! I switched back and forth about deleting it but I needed to fill up a chapter of them talking about what happened. This was a filler I promise next chapter will be better and it has a bit of investigation work involved heheh