𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗧𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲

I will add a header photo later. I am running out of edits for the headers so if you have any edits you want me to use, let me know where to find them and I will give credit.

Warnings: angst

Warnings: angst

Words 644

Awake

"God dammit." Jenna mumbled as she flung the covers off of herself. Tyler let out a frustrated moan, as he sat up.

Rosie's cries were so loud it felt as though it shook the house. "Do you need hel-"

"No, just go to sleep!" Jenna snapped, "one of us has to." She sighed as she bounced Rosie at the foot of the bed where her crib was.

"Yeah, well you should know more than anyone that it ain't that easy!" Tyler let his body fall, his head making a thump on the pillow as he sighed loudly. Rosie's cries were enough to make both Jenna and Tyler on edge. Luckily, it didn't take long for those cries to become happy gurgles as she enjoyed her very late 3AM dinner.

It took the maximum of three seconds for Tyler to drift off.

◉‿◉

Asleep

"We need to get movin' soon, baby." Tyler mumbled sweetly and looked over Jenna's shoulder as she breast fed.

She sighed, nodding her head. "I know. Let's just let her get comfortable with us first. I don't want to do something wrong."

Tyler shifted his eyes to his left where Jenna's head was looking down at Rosie. He was so close that he could probably count each of her eyelashes if he wanted. "Once we find Josh we can do whatever we want." He whispered enthusiastically, close to her ear.

Jenna went silent, hugging Rosie closer to herself. "But what if we don't find him?"

Tyler shifted himself to where he could look at her more professionally. "What do you mean?" He furrowed his brows.

She turned to look at him. "What if he isn't out there?" Tyler's brows softened as he thought, the gears turning inside of his head. "What are we going to do then?"

"Well..." he paused. He seemed speechless at her question. "Maybe it isn't Josh, but I know there are people out there."

"Well, what if there's not?"

Tyler sighed, tired of all of Jenna's questions. Couldn't she just trust him? "Jenna..."

"No, Tyler. Answer me for real. Do we have a plan for that? Because I don't think we do." Jenna covered her breast once Rosie was finished. Rosie stretched and yawned, her arms hugging around Jenna's chest. "We have eight loaves of bread left. Eight loaves, Tyler. What are we supposed to do after that?" Her voice was quiet, trying her best to stay a nice volume for the baby.

Tyler furrowed his eyebrows, shaking his head. "What happened to 'you'd rather be free than be cared for'?"

Jenna sighed, rubbing her finger carefully on Rosie's nose. "I'd rather her have food and be depressed, than to be happy and be starving."

Tyler squinted his eyes slightly as if he was trying to understand exactly what she was saying. "So you're telling me you want to go back?" His voice was harsher than he meant it to be, very judgmental. Jenna looked up, her expression full of sympathy and worry. She looked as if she was afraid of his reaction. Her expression gave him all the answers he needed. Her answer was yes. His heart dropped into his stomach, and he looked at her as if she had two heads. He scoffed as a small, pathetic smile teased his lips. "You really do huh? Think about it. Think about how you felt when you were in there. Think about how she'll feel. You really want that?"

Jenna sighed, her mouth opening to speak but before she could, the sound of water splashing became audible. Tyler quickly engulfed Jenna, who had Rosie close to her chest, and pushed her closer to the wall behind a rock.

Tyler turned, peering over the rock to sneak a peak of who was there.

A white horse and it's owner with a familiar silk red cloak appeared.

Nico.

◉‿◉

Cliffhanger:)