ONE. house of hello

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

Never in her whole life had Abigail-River Lawrence been excited to return to school, to return to the House of Anubis. She missed her second family dearly and really needed a break from her actual family. After the events of prom, River confronted her mum about Rufus and the truth about her. That only resulted in endless yelling between her parents, who were currently filing their divorce, and ended with Shawn growing angrier with River.

She never knew how much she'd miss her brother. He was annoying, yes, but she loved him. Even if she wasn't fully related to him. But now, their relationship wasn't the sweetest, especially after what went down on prom night. River hated the fact that her brother looked at her with disgust, all because of her only being interested in girls, of her being lesbian. She attempted to speak to her brother throughout the holidays, but he ignored her. Family holidays were now a reminder of how much of an outside River felt like, of how much trouble she caused wherever she went.

Noah Michaels was also set on ignoring River. Not for the same reasons as Shawn, no. He could care less if River was only attracted to girls. It just hurt him that she led him on. He liked her. He loved her. And because of River's hesitancy, she lost a good friend.

As the car Ryder Lawrence was driving around the building, a small, excited smile was on River's face. Despite her family situation, she was thrilled to be back home at Anubis House. She was excited to see Nina, Amber, Alfie, Jerome, Fabian, Mara, Mick, Trudy, Joy, Patricia... She was so excited to see Patricia. Because maybe this term would be the term where River Lawrence would woman up (would a sixteen-year-old be considered a woman?) and tell Patricia how she felt.

The car was filled with silence, everyone staring out the window. Ryder was focused on dropping his kids off, Devi was focused on the divorce and the fact that the truth was out, Shawn was focused on blocking out his sister, River was focused on what laid ahead for the new term, and in the middle of the agonizing silence sat a twelve-year-old boy in between. Patrick Singh, the child of Devi's brother, aka River's American cousin. He would be starting year six at Amun. To say River adored him was an understatement. He was the only person in the family that looked up to her and loved joking around with her. Having him around would be fun.

The white Jeep entered the busy parking lot and parked in an open space. River stepped out of the car and held the door open for Patrick, who follow behind her. She closed it and hugged her cousin, saying, "You're going to love this place, Pat. Trust me."

"I'm going to be the only American in this school, you do realize that?" Patrick muttered.

"No, you won't. Nina's American."

"Is she the pretty blonde girl?"

"No, that's Amber. And stay away from my friends."