FIFTY-EIGHT. house of stooges

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

"Hey," Nina's voice caused River to stop attempting to do her tie. She let it hang over her neck and looked to Nina, who glanced at the dollhouse and gave her and Amber hopeful looks. "It's worth a try, right?" River and Amber gave nods since the dollhouse was their only resort. Nina stood up from her bed and approached the dollhouse. "We're desperate here, Sarah." River and Amber stood up, joining Nina on each side of her as the trio looked at the dollhouse with desperate eyes. "You gotta have another clue for me."

One of the rooms in the dollhouse changed into a glowing gold color, prompting River to gasp delightfully at the sight. "Guys, look!"

Nina and Amber laid eyes upon the room, both letting out sighs of relief as the latter said, "It worked."

Nina opened the dollhouse, where all of the dolls stood in one room — Sarah's room. "They're in Sarah's room. But that's our room. There must be a reflector in here."

"It might be something she owned when she was a girl," River suggested with a shrug.

"You have all of Sarah's stuff," Amber said, she and River looking to Nina for an answer.

After a pause, Nina answered, "The music box."

Nina hurried to her bed, while River and Amber stood in confusion as they simultaneously uttered, "The music box?"

Seeing that Nina was too invested in what she was digging up, River and Amber sat on her bed, rather to know what Nina was going on about.

Nina pulled out a music box from her drawer and placed it on her bed as she kneeled before it. "On little stars that borrow light," she explained to her friends. "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star is Sarah's favorite nursery rhyme." Nina opened the box, revealing a mirror with a falcon symbol on — 1/7 of the reflectors. River shared an excited grin with Amber. "There it is!" Nina held up the music box, showing it to River and Amber, looking equally excited as they did. "Amber, River, we have our first reflector."

. . .

River stepped into the student lounge/drama room with Fabian beside her, both laughing at the events that happened in their PE class. Their teacher managed to hit a bypassing Mr. Sweet on his head with a ball (a tennis ball, don't worry) while the class was playing cricket.

River was still finding the situation amusing, but her smile began to flatten when she saw Eddie and Patricia standing together in the area. River felt reality punch her in the stomach, a feeling she was slowly growing used to because this was just another reminder that Patricia will never like her. She got pulled out of her thoughts, thankfully, when Patricia left and she and Fabian approached Eddie, who looked quite shocked.