EIGHTY-ONE. house of strategy

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

Considering he was about to lose his grip, a struggling Alfie grabbed onto the closet thing near him — Patricia's leg.

"Ow!" Patricia complained at the sudden act.

"Patricia, don't just stand there. Help me!" Alfie begged of her. Patricia outstretched her arm to Alfie and he grabbed it, holding on for dear life. Patricia pulled him up and finally, the boy was safely back on the ground, causing River to let out a sigh of relief. "Trixie, you are freakishly strong."

"You're welcome."

"Hey, nice reflexes there, Alf," River remarked, earning a small chuckle from Alfie.

"Alfie, are you okay?" Amber asked him.

Alfie stood up, replying, "The Amazing Alfredo lives to fight another day."

The Amazing Alfredo, however, began stumbling back to the open floor, but luckily he (with Patricia's help) caught himself.

"Okay, let's get back to the drawing board," Fabian declared as he got off the chair. "Everyone retrace your steps. Let's get out of here."

. . .

At least six bottles of water were in River's arms as she stepped out of the kitchen and into the dining room. She didn't know how she managed to carry them to her seat without dropping them, but she did. Thankfully, it was only her, Amber, and Alfie in the room for breakfast, so no one threw her odd looks. The water bottles and the food Amber was putting in her bag were for Nina. As she and Amber were packing the items in the latter's bag, Patricia walked in, growing confused.

"Are you two planning a picnic?" Patricia questioned the roommates.

"Yes, Patricia. Would you like to join?" River sarcastically replied and the auburn-haired girl lightly shook her head.

"Supplies for Nina," Amber informed Patricia. "We need to get into Sweetie's office and throw them down the grill for her. She'll be starving."

"And in need of hydration."

"Or," Patricia began, taking the banana out of Amber's hand and sitting down, "we could spend that time trying to work out how to save her."

"Nina needs her fruit and veg," Amber stated, taking the banana back from Patricia. "Do you want her to get scurvy?"

"And she needs to be hydrated too," River added as she sat in her seat next to Alfie. "The average human body should be taking in at least six glasses of water per day."