EIGHTY-TWO. house of memory

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

Remember all that stuff River said about the universe sending Sibuna a sign that Joy wasn't the right person to be their strategist? Well, apparently, today was the day Fabian wanted to prove her and the universe wrong. While the members of Sibuna walked to Anubis House after school, Fabian had informed them that he asked Joy to be their strategist without their permission and she agreed. To say River was ticked off was an understatement, so she happily spewed out angry words along with the rest of her friends toward Fabian. The nerd in question pushed open the door leading to the entrance hall of Anubis, while River, Amber, Patricia, and Alfie kept arguing with him.

"I can't believe you asked Joy to help without checking with us first, Fabian!" Amber scolded him as the group stepped into the entrance hall.

"You've violated one of the most important rules of Sibuna," River added in an exasperated manner.

"The first rule about Sibuna is you do not talk about Sibuna."

"I told you, we should've had Mara and Joy fight it out between them," Alfie voiced his idea and River rolled her eyes at it. "A chess off! Two cute girls in a brainy grunge match." Amber nudge his arm in annoyance, causing Alfie to wince in pain. "Ow!"

"We don't have time for that," Fabian insisted. "We don't have time for anything."

"Sibuna!" A perky and familiar voice cut off Sibuna's conversation. With wide eyes, they all turned to see an excited Joy on the landing. They were more annoyed that she uttered their club name so loudly, so they began to shush her as she came down. "Sorry. Has Fabian told you? He asked me to join gang!" Joy skipped toward Fabian's side and River hadn't seen her look this happy in days. The girl then began doing the group hand signal, but did it wrong by covering her left eye with her left hand. "Sibuna!" River and Alfie slowly reached toward her, awkwardly correcting her mistake. Joy frowned in confusion as she picked up her right hand instead. "Oh, is this the one?"

"No!" Amber irritatedly exclaimed, causing River and Alfie to drop Joy's arms.

"As a temporary member," Fabian nervously elaborated before Amber could get even angrier. "That's all."

"Yep!" Joy confirmed as she latched her arm with Fabian's, the two turning in the direction of the living room. "So, Fabs, you gonna teach me how to play this game or what?"

. . .

It took a lot of persuasion, but River managed to convince Amber to push down her vendetta against Joy and join the rest of Sibuna in the living room. After the girls changed into their casual clothes, they headed downstairs and into the living room where the rest of Sibuna were seated, watching their temp play Senet. From the looks of it, Joy was actually really good.