SIXTY-EIGHT. house of speculation

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

Shockingly, it didn't take long for the six members of Sibuna to reach their secret tunnel, even though the tunnel system was a long walk. As they got to the vent door, Fabian found a button that pushed open the door. River crawled out of the area with her friends, realizing that the secret door was actually part of a bookcase.

"Come on, the mosaic's up here," Fabian informed everyone.

"That tunnel's a health and safety nightmare," Amber complained, while Fabian walked up the stairs. "If it wasn't secret, I'd complain. I have allergies, you know."

"Amber, you're cursed," River deadpanned. "I think that outways the filth in the tunnel."

Fabian came back down, a worried frown on his face. "It's not there."

"Well, spread out," Nina instructed everyone. "It's gotta be here somewhere."

"You three, take upstairs," Fabian pointed to River, Patricia, and Alfie with his torch. River followed that instruction as she, Alfie, and Patricia moved upstairs.

"Remind me, what does this mosaic look like again?" Alfie asked.

"It's green, mosaic-ey," Nina listed as Alfie, River, and Patricia made it to the second floor and spread out.

"And kind of tacky," Amber added.

River couldn't find anything around the area she searched. She was about to give up when she realized that maybe the mosaic wasn't in the library. However, she spoke too soon, because Nina found something.

"Guys, I've got it!" Nina informed her friends, prompting River, Alfie, and Patricia to make their way back downstairs.

As they rejoined the group which circled the table, River set eyes on the mosaic and a displeased look grew on her face. Trudy was smart to take it out of the house.

"Four reflectors out of seven," Fabian cheered as he pulled out a tweezer from his pocket and began using it to remove the green glass reflector.

"Careful. Easy does it."

"Yeah, 'cause we wouldn't wanna break it," Amber sarcastically remarked. "What with it being so very, very pretty."

Fabian managed to remove the reflector without breaking anything. He held it up and shone his torch on it.

"We got it," Fabian said.