EIGHTY-SEVEN. house of missions

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

The members of Sibuna (bar Patricia Williamson) were in their usual meeting room, with Alfie and Fabian standing while River, Nina, and Amber sat on Nina's bed, as everyone listened to the latest news Nina had. It hadn't even been twenty-four hours of peace since they finished the Senet game and Senkhra visited Nina, bearing her terrible news about her gran's fate if Sibuna didn't get the Mask of Anubis by tomorrow.

"Hey, it's okay," Fabian tried assuring Nina. "We'll have the Mask by tomorrow night. Your gran's going to be fine."

"What else did Senkhra say?" Amber asked.

"We have until sundown," Nina revealed. "And then she's coming after us one by one."

"Oh, well, perfect," Alfie sarcastically responded. "All we need to do is get through a sheet of unbreakable glass! I mean, why are we evening worrying?"

"This cannot get worse," River mumbled as she rested her elbow on her leg, while her hand held her head. Proving her wrong was Patricia Williamson, who stepped into the room with a stressed look.

"Bad, bad, bad news," Patricia said.

"Trust me, nothing you could say could make this day any worse," Amber pointed out.

"Rufus has taken Jerome."

River's stomach dropped instantly as she looked up, sharing a wide-eyed look with Alfie.

"What?" River and Alfie uttered in shock.

"And I'm wrong," Amber remarked.

With all the news being thrown at them at once, the members of Sibuna decided it was time to make a plan. While River, Amber, and Nina remained on the American's bed, Alfie, Fabian, and Patricia sat on the floor, as the gang listened to the plan Nina had come up with.

"Okay, Sibunas, here's the plan," Nina began as she clasped her hands. "Patricia, River Alfie, and Fabian, first thing tomorrow morning, you guys will go to the barn. See if Rufus is keeping Jerome there. Now, River are you sure you'd rather go to the barn instead of staying here with me and Amber?" Nina turned to her prank-loving friend, looking a bit worried. "You were the one who said he might come after you."

"I'm sure," River declared, giving Nina an assertive nod. "Look, I know it's a risk, but I know Rufus and Lake."

"Okay," Nina said, letting out a sigh. She knew she couldn't change River's mind, especially since Jerome's life was on the line. "Amber and I will see if we can find a way to open that Mask cabinet."