TWENTY-ONE. house of pressure

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

Day two of setting up for the exhibition ball and the chaos in Amun Academic Boarding School only seemed to heighten, especially since tonight was the night of the ball. Since Joy Mercer was in charge, she was breathing down everyone's neck, making sure they did their required tasks so the ball would be perfect.

River stood in the English classroom, counting the glass cups on the two trays she and Alfie brought from Anubis House. They had to make sure there were enough cups for the ball. Well, that was what Joy told River and Alfie to do. While River was doing that, Alfie was crouching behind the table.

"Remind me again why you're hiding while I'm working?" The female prankster inquired.

"I'm waiting for Trudy," Alfie replied, peering from the table. "Target acquired!"

The dark-skinned boy ducked down and River rolled her eyes at him. Trudy approached the table and sat the tray of sandwiches and mini cheese burgers. Joy swiveled to River's side just as Alfie came out of his hiding spot and took one of the appetizers. River amusedly shook her head and did the same, popping a mini burger in her mouth. Trudy turned around upon seeing them and Joy eating her food.

"Oh, that's not very nice," Joy remarked before putting it down and heading off. Trudy gasped.

"Well, that was rude," Alfie said.

"Pay no mind, Trudy," River assured her former housemother, "I think it's good."

Entering the noisy classroom was Noah, Patricia and Eddie, all three Anubis housemates carrying a chair from the lounge. Joy instructed them to put it down in the corner and when they did, Noah thought that their job was done. However, Joy wasn't done with them.

"Alright, I need someone tall to hang stuff," Joy threw the red curtain to Eddie and pointed to Patricia, "and someone who's a girl to makes sure it doesn't look terrible," then to Noah, "and someone tolerable to make sure they don't kill each other."

Joy walked away from them. Noah led the group out upon witnessing Patricia throw a bucket of balloons to Eddie and saying, "You know, you should be on balloon duty. Might keep your mouth shut."

Boy, today was going to be long. River felt the exact same too, holding up the tray of glasses that Alfie and Trudy were also holding. Joy instructed them to head to the library with the glasses and while River wanted to strangle Joy, she forced a smile.

Trudy led them out into the hallway, with the two prankster on each of her side and the male prankster uttering, "Uh, Trudy, about some of those appetizers. I was think about those mini cheese burgers, because they're fabu-tastic..."