FIFTY-FIVE. house of oblivion

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

On their way back to Anubis House, River and Fabian met up with Patricia and found that her hex had gotten worse. Instead of being able to write on her notepad, she could only write down shapes and symbols. As if things couldn't get worse, the trio simultaneously got the same text from Nina, which read: Sibuna meeting - urgent!

River, Patricia, and Fabian wasted no time in rushing into the house. Well, Patricia and River were hurrying in (the latter was actually skipping in instead), while Fabian looked confused as ever, so they had to drag him into the house and up to the girls' corridor.

The minute they all barged into the usual Sibuna room (River, Nina, and Amber's room), Nina began interrogating them. "Where have you three been?"

Neither River, Patricia, or Fabian answered her. Instead, Patricia took one glance at Amber and a shocked gasp left her mouth.

"If you think this is bad," Amber began, pointing to her face before pointing toward River's opened wardrobe, "look at Alfie."

River followed her best friend's gazes and her eyes landed on a baby. Not just any baby, Alfie Lewis. Her brown eyes turned to saucers as her lips curled into a smile.

"Aww!" River gushed.

"Patricia, River, look at me," Nina said to the pair of ex-roomies, who managed to tear their eyes from Baby Alfie. "I know this looks like it's getting worse by the second, but we are going to fix it. Now, tell me, where did you guys find Fabian? Was he outside, in school?" Patricia began to write down her thoughts, but it didn't do much because all she wrote down was a bunch of shapes and symbols. Nina's face fell at this. "It's your hex. It's getting worse. Uh, River, where did you and Patricia find Fabian?"

"Oh, uhm, Fabian and I weren't at the library and we didn't bump into Patricia on our way here," River calmly explained.

Nina's brows pulled together in bewilderment, but she decided to go along with that. "Okay, for now, let's just say he was at the library."

"Yes!" Fabian agreed, although he still looked lost as ever. "Yes, I-I was at the library."

"Yeah!"

"Uhm, I had something to tell someone important," Fabian rambled on, while River gave a confused frown. "I know there was a someone and a something."

"For the first time, Fabian makes sense," River remarked with a grin.

"Can someone please tell me the plan?" Amber desperately asked. "Because if Alfie can turn into a baby, what's going to happen to me?"