FIFTY-NINE. house of zodiacs

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

With their full team and their first reflector, the members of Sibuna entered the chamber of Horus, their torches shining around the room as they stood by the staffs.

"Okay, ready?" Nina asked and everyone gave nods. River watched as her American friend put the mirror on the first staff, causing a purple beam to bounce off from it to another staff, making a semi-circle. "Woah!" Chuckles of relief were shared around the room at the sight of the beam. "Okay, one down, six to go."

"Wait, so once we have all the reflectors on all the staffs, it'll bounce the light, make the constellation shape, and open the door?" Fabian said.

"Pretty much," River confirmed.

"Cinch," Patricia remarked with a shrug.

"Uh, not so much," Nina turned her down. "We have no idea what the reflectors are. It's like finding needles in a haystack."

"There must be a clue somewhere about where the reflectors are," Amber voiced.

"Maybe we missed something," River added.

"Fan out, guys," Nina suggested. "Fine-toothcomb time."

The group split up around the room. River scanned one of the walls with her torch, but there was nothing there.

"Guys, look at this," Alfie called his club mates. River stood beside Alfie, her brows furrowing together at what was on the wall. The rest gathered by the wall.

"Good job, Alfie," Nina said. "Fabian, do you know what this is?"

"Huh?" Fabian uttered, the only person who hadn't joined the group yet, as he was too distracted with whatever was on the wall he was by. He eventually did join his friends and gazed upon the wall.

River had an idea of what it could be as she tilted her head at it. "Is it just me or does it look like a zodiac chart?"

"Yeah, you're right," Fabian agreed with her. "It's a zodiac chart, but it's not one I've seen before."

"Okay, then we need to find out what it is," Nina said. "This might be the lead we're looking for."

. . .

"Hey." River stopped what she was doing and looked to the door of the kitchen, seeing Alfie stepping in. She sent him a small smile as she continued putting in the last spoon of ice cream before she put it back in the freeze. "Ice cream? It's, like, freezing outside."