FORTY-THREE. house of evidence

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

"Nina?!" No matter how many times Fabian called her name, Nina Martin didn't answer. Silence filled the room as the five teens waited for any answer as to if their friend was okay. Finally, they did get an answer, but it wasn't a pleasant one. It was muffled behind the door, but the members of Sibuna could still hear Nina's terrified shriek, only causing the five to five worried looks and Fabian to keep calling her name. "Nina?!"

"Fabian!" Nina finally answered, her voice filled with fear.

"Nina, what is it?!" Fabian quickly inquired.

"I think there's something in here!"

River shared a worried look with Patricia and Amber. Whatever was in there with Nina was most likely bad, seeing that no one had been down in these tunnels for decades.

"Well, what's the plan?" Alfie raised the question because standing around and hoping for something to happen wasn't going to work. Everyone's panicked eyes were on Fabian, who usually had a plan in his head for sticky situations. "We need a plan. Tell me you have a plan!"

"There has to be a way to open the door again," River reasoned, although she didn't look so sure herself. "There has to, right?"

"Help!" Came Nina's muffled voice. "You have to get me out!"

Some people thrived under pressure and luckily for Sibuna, Fabian was one of those people. He looked toward his friends as an epiphany struck him. "It's got to be the big spider that holds the door open." With that plan, Fabian who had the spider on his back moved toward the spider indentation, while Alfie retreated to where Patricia, River, and Amber stood, with Amber helping him back to them by lending a hand. Fabian's fingers worked quickly with putting the spider into its indentation, his speed only quickening each time Nina's muffled cries were heard. "I'm nearly there, I'm nearly there!"

"Hurry, Fabian!" River worriedly spoke.

"Come on, Fabian," Amber ushered the nerd, also worried about her roommates' safety.

"Hurry up!" The three Sibuna girls simultaneously pleaded.

Finally, Fabian stuck the last spider leg in. River's eyes scanned the room, looking for any signs that showed that the door would open and Nina would come running out. But there were none.

"Come on," Amber pleaded.

"No, don't do this!" Fabian exasperatedly said as he hit the wall.