SIXTY-SIX. house of hauntings

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

Noah's bedroom door burst open, shocking him a bit since he dozed off while watching the videos of the bid. Weirdly, it wasn't Jerome or Alfie who barged into the room, which made sense since both boys told Noah they were busy tonight. Surprisingly, it was a horrified Eddie.

"You look like you've seen a ghost," Noah joked as he pressed pause on the video.

"I think I have," Eddie replied, his face filled with shock and Noah grew confused. "Come with me." Eddie stepped out of the room and Noah followed behind, curious to know what his friend was going on about. As they entered Eddie's room, he continued while sitting on his bed before his laptop, "I was watching one of the videos Joy gave us, and look what I found."

Eddie turned his screen around and Noah kneeled to see it. What he saw made his eyes go wide as saucers. It was a feminine figure, but instead of looking like a person, it had smoke and was more... gaseous. It actually looked like a...

"Is that a...?"

"A ghost? Well, from the looks of it, yeah."

With that conclusion in mind, the British and American duo hurried upstairs to the girls' corridor to show the photo to the one person who would be able to provide a logical explanation — Mara Jaffary. Eddie knocked on the door and a response on the other side came.

"Come in," Mara responded. As Eddie opened the door for him and Noah, another voice in the room spoke.

"Unless your name's Eddie," the goth girl seethed.

"Ooh, that's rough," Noah remarked as he patted Eddie's shoulder.

Eddie rolled his eyes at him before sending a look to Patricia. "Thanks."

He and Noah made their way over to Mara's bed, the former sitting beside Mara with his laptop and the latter sitting opposite the pair.

"Oh, couldn't this wait till tomorrow?" Mara complained.

"Or until never," Patricia retorted.

"This is important, okay," Noah told Mara, who let out a sigh and set her homework aside.

"Here, watch," Eddie said before playing the video. "Wait..."

"Guys—!"

"There!" Eddie paused the video on the image of the figure he and Noah proclaimed was a ghost. Mara's eyes went as wide as Noah's when he saw the image as she leaned to take a closer look.