EIGHTY-FIVE. house of traps

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

The moment River awoke from her sleep, she knew there'd be a lot of pressure riding on today. Today was the final day Sibuna had of completing the Senet game and retrieving the Mask of Anubis, otherwise their cursey-spirit friend would kill them one by one. And just as the mystery-solving gang had enough problems on their hands, Fabian gave bad news to River and Patricia on the way to their Physics lesson — Eddie Miller had an encounter with Senkhra through a dream he shared with Fabian.

"And you both had the same dream?" Patricia inquired Fabian, clearly worried for her boyfriend.

"Yeah, I think so," Fabian confirmed.

"And he definitely recognized her?" River questioned, wondering if Eddie still remembered the face of the 'ghost' he, Mara, Joy, and Noah were obsessed with.

"Yeah, he still recognizes her as the 'Ghost of Anubis'."

"Why is Senkhra targeting Eddie now?" Patricia asked, causing River and Fabian to quickly shush her at the mention of the Egyptian spirit's name.

"Who knows?" Fabian responded. "I just think that it's best that you keep him as far away from this as you possibly can."

"He cannot get involved. Not when we're so close to the finish line," River added and Fabian nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, sure. It's not like he's intrigued or anything," Patricia sarcastically remarked as the trio stepped into their science classroom. Upon seeing them, Joy quickly rose from her seat by Amber and approached them with a grin and her notebook and phone in hand.

"I've cracked it!" Joy revealed, bringing a smile of relief to River's face. "The only bit I'm not quite sure of is the last guard. I didn't get any footage of him, but I've worked out the safest possible moves I can... and, yeah, I'm confident."

"Nice, Joy!" River commended her with a smile.

"I have a good feeling about this," Fabian said as he tapped Joy's notebook.

"I have a sick feeling about this," Amber voiced with a frown. River lightly shook her head in amusement, as she was usually the one who was negative and Amber was more positive.

"Hey, Amber, think positive. In a few hours, we'll have Nina and Alfie back."

"Yeah, it's been so quiet without them this week," River spoke up, earning nods of agreement from her friends. "Especially the Amazing Alfredo."

"I never realized how much I'd miss Alfie," Patricia added just as Eddie appeared behind her with a sour look.

"Huh, that's tragic. I have a little tear," the American boy sarcastically responded. "Too bad you couldn't miss your boyfriend like that."