FORTY. house of wires

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

Sibuna (excluding Patricia who had detention with Eddie) was gathered on the stage in the student lounge/drama room, as Fabian and Nina told River, Alfie, and Amber how their trade with Jerome went. It succeeded and now they had the amulet back. River assumed Jerome had his gem back, so she'd have to ask him about it later. Although Sibuna gained a win, Nina had more to say. She had gotten a visit from the spirit and it wasn't pleasant.

"And when I turned around, she was standing right in front of me," Nina continued.

"And she just basically said to hurry?" Alfie concluded. "Right? Or else."

"Yeah. But she was angry, angry like you wouldn't believe. It was really scary. She said, 'the raven is poised to swoop'."

"And you think it means... Victor?" Fabian asked. River thought the same thing. It seemed logical, though, since Victor had a stuffed raven.

"He does have a stuffed raven, so it could be him," River added her own thoughts. "And this isn't the first time Victor's referenced as a bird."

"But Victor didn't have the amulet, Jerome did," Amber expressed her perplexity.

Nina sighed, also growing confused at the situation. "That's what I don't understand."

"Did she say anything else?" Fabian inquired.

"She said, 'this ruler may be forgotten but she will not be ignored'."

"That sounds like a spirit with self-esteem issues," Alfie quipped, earning a chuckle from River.

"Forgotten ruler?" Fabian muttered.

Changing the subject was Nina, who gestured to the newest riddle that Fabian held. "So, what's the latest with the clue, Fabian?"

Fabian glances down at the white piece of paper before looking at his friends. "It's pretty obscure." He looked down at it again. "'Upon the foundation on which this house rests, lies the solution to the spider web test. To find the armorer and scholar's hollow, the silver thread of fate you must follow'."

"Armorer and scholar's hollow."

River had no clue what the riddle meant. However, the words Nina spoke caused her to share a knowing glance with Alfie. The Frobisher suit of armor that was in the library.

"The library," Aflie immediately answered.

Everyone gave him shocked looks, except River who gave a confirming nod, saying, "Yeah, he's right. The Frobisher Library."