TWO. house of dolls

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

One thing River Lawrence certainly didn't miss was Victor Rodenmaar Jr. and his need to punish his students. But that thought didn't bother her during breakfast, where she was seated with Jerome, Patricia, Nina, and Fabian.

While the couple at the head of the table were conversating, River turned to face Jerome and asked, "So, how's having Noah as your roommate going?"

"Well, so far, I know who our next victim is," Jerome replied, "so it's going well. Surprised Trixie, here, hasn't juiced him."

"He hasn't done anything yet so far," Patricia muttered.

"Well, he is scared of you," River said, earning a smile from Patricia. She chuckled and pointed to her troublemaking friend. "But we are not pranking him."

Jerome's face fell. "What? Why not?"

"Because I already feel bad for dumping him at prom. I don't want to hurt him even more by pranking him."

"Yeah, you were vicious."

"I heard he cried," the goth girl commented.

"He did not cry," River uttered before pausing. "I think."

"I heard you stomped on his poor, little heart," Jerome added.

River gave him a pointed look. Before she could say anything, Amber and Alfie entered the room, with the latter inquiring, "What do you mean you can't you not remember our arrangement?"

The female prankster shared a look with Patricia, wondering what Alfie and Amber were going on about. The duo in question approached the table, with Amber saying, "I don't make arrangements more than 48 hours in advance. Unless it's spontaneous."

"But you promised you'd be my girlfriend last term. I have witnesses!"

Oh, that was what this was about. Joy came into the room and sat down by Patricia, being one of the few witnesses Alfie was going on about.

"Heard it with my own ears," Jerome backed his male best friend.

"Same here," River nodded in agreement. "You were screaming it."

Fabian raised his spoon. "Me too."

Amber looked toward Patricia and Joy, two out of the three most judgemental Anubis girls (bar River who still backed Alfie). "Patricia, Joy? Help me out here."