TWENTY-FIVE. house of sibuna

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

The only thing keeping River Lawrence awake at breakfast was the coffee she sipped on. She had a feeling breakfast was going to be awkward, considering all the drama that went down at the ball. Coffee was the only thing that would keep her awake the whole day.

She set the cup down, another yawn escaping her mouth as the rest of the Anubis House residents flooded the room. River glanced to the dining room entryway when Nina came in, who abruptly stopped by Fabian. The American looked down the table, seeing Joy's smug grin, and rolled her eyes before sitting between Amber and Noah. River let out a sigh, giving Joy a quick annoyed glance before she reached for a pastry.

The room was quiet until Vera entered, setting a bowl down on the table and raising a question toward Fabian, Nina, and Amber. "What happened to you three last night? You disappeared into thin air."

"Yeah. You guys do that a lot around here," Eddie added, taking his seat between Fabian and River. The American looked to his roommate with an amused grin. "Oh, were you sneaking off to play hopscotch?"

The residents let out chuckles, while Fabian frowned in response. "Actually, the... the reason I'm never in our room at night is because of the awful music you play and the volume you play it at."

"Sick Puppies?" Questioned the resident goth girl. River assumed that was the name of the band Eddie listened to. "Awful? Eddie's the only one around here with any taste."

River lowered the pastry she took a bite out of, her face filling with shock as everyone stopped what they were doing and stared bewilderedly at Patricia, while Fabian choked on his water. For the first time in Anubis history, Patricia Williamson defended somebody. River was surprised Alfie didn't fall off his chair in amazement like he did last year when Patricia apologized to Amber and Nina.

Alfie was the first to break the silence, glancing over to Eddie. "Oh, you're good."

River shoved his leg, giving her jokester friend a pointed look, while Jerome snorted. Now was not the time to provoke Patricia Williamson, of all people. Especially when there were liquids around.

However, Noah Michaels didn't catch River's warning stare and added, "Really good."

Patricia glanced between Noah and Alfie with a confused smile. "Good at what?" Upon not receiving an answer, Patricia's smile quickly turned into a scowl, keeping her hard stare on Eddie. "Good at what?"

Jerome leaned toward the auburn girl with an amused smile. "Eddie bet us that he could get you to dance. I really thought you'd hold out longer."